Buck Box Designs /// 6th order AQ hdc3.0 single 10"

Qexler
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey everyone, Me and Buck have been good buddies for a while and I am posting this log to show his absolutely LEET skills... Not to mention I took his Quasi 6th order virginity and I must say... He did a hell of a job. I will be posting on this thread periodically adding photos from the build to keep you all eager for the next photo and an ending video ;]

This is a single 10" AQhdc3.0 10" and I have managed to cram this Quasi 6th order into the trunk of my 4 door 2006 Cobalt SS, It is powered by a single 1500W Audiopipe amp at 1 Ohm.

--- Thanks to Buck

--- Any Questions and comments are 100% welcome!

242bw5t.jpg

jfgkmw.png

Last edited by a moderator:
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous.

Very good efficient and peaky, but they are called a bandpass for a reason...not a huge range of frequency response
Just depends on how they are designed. With a substage that most people want, a huge frequency response isn't required. Really people want 20's to about 60 (extreme to extreme), and that's easily obtainable. If I did a 6th (which I'm considering), then I would make it to play crazy low. It may only play up to 45 or 50, but I don't care. That's what I want. So basically I can narrow my bandwidth and increase my output.

Can't decide if I want to do a ported box with a balls load of port or a 4th/6th for my 18....I've come to the conclusion that adding more subs would be a poor choice money wise since I am starting college soon, so I figured I would just refine my current setup. Heavy authority from 25-40 is really all I care about, mainly with the peak being around 33.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.