Major Voltage Issue: Bad Battery?

Have you bought a multi-meter yet? You are losing voltage somewhere between the battery and the amp. I had the same thing happen to me and it was just a loose wire. You need a hand held multi-meter to check your voltage at various locations.
i do have a multi meter. which areas should i test with it?

What @Bobbytwonames said. Start at the battery and check voltage at every junction or distro or solder joint or butt connector until you get to the amps. I **** with wiring on a daily basis for a living and 99.9% of the time it's a loose connection or a bad crimp.

I had this same issue yesterday. Before that, I noticed my headlights and instrument cluster would dim on bass notes at anything past 1/4 volume. Yesterday morning, battery left me stranded at the restaraunt. I made a new frame to cab ground, problem solved. Charge back up to 14.2v and dimming only at powerful bass notes. So just like Bobbytwonames, I suspect a gound issue.

I had this same issue yesterday. Before that, I noticed my headlights and instrument cluster would dim on bass notes at anything past 1/4 volume. Yesterday morning, battery left me stranded at the restaraunt. I made a new frame to cab ground, problem solved. Charge back up to 14.2v and dimming only at powerful bass notes. So just like Bobbytwonames, I suspect a gound issue.
Lights dimming = voltage drop. Add and or upgrade the rest of your wiring and that'll go away. The older the vehicle the more important this is. If yours doesn't have a cable direct from alternator to battery (through a fuse of course) add 1. Also make sure all your grounds on the chassis and/or body are to bare shiny metal. Sand or grind all the paint, rust, and any other ******** before bolting the ground down. My old 86 Toyota pickup would die at idle running just a nvx jad900.5. after a few new grounds and a charge wire the voltage stayed rock solid until I started to worry the back window was gonna bust . Lights were brighter than ever and never did that horrible flashing thing.

Hey guys, about a week ago (queue Bobby Shmurda meme) I noticed my sub amp start to cut in and out at high volumes. This happened for a few days, then my 4 channel started to do the same.

Not to long after, on cranking the car up I read 13.8V. My normal is 14.2v. Slowly turning the music up significantly drops my voltage. I’m now unable to go full tilt without everything cutting off.

Electrical consists of a Mechman 240, Big 3 1/0 OFC, Walmart 5 year battery (has only been 3 1/2 years), Marine terminals with wing nuts.

Here is a video showing my situation. In the video you can see before even CRANKING the car, I was at a measly 6v. Watch what happens when I crank it and let it run for just a few seconds. The volt meter goes dark and so do my amps.

I’ve heard bad ground, bad wiring, bad battery etc. I’ve had this same setup for quite a while and have never had this issue. Thank youuuu!
View attachment 31382

Hey guys, about a week ago (queue Bobby Shmurda meme) I noticed my sub amp start to cut in and out at high volumes. This happened for a few days, then my 4 channel started to do the same.

Not to long after, on cranking the car up I read 13.8V. My normal is 14.2v. Slowly turning the music up significantly drops my voltage. I’m now unable to go full tilt without everything cutting off.

Electrical consists of a Mechman 240, Big 3 1/0 OFC, Walmart 5 year battery (has only been 3 1/2 years), Marine terminals with wing nuts.

Here is a video showing my situation. In the video you can see before even CRANKING the car, I was at a measly 6v. Watch what happens when I crank it and let it run for just a few seconds. The volt meter goes dark and so do my amps.

I’ve heard bad ground, bad wiring, bad battery etc. I’ve had this same setup for quite a while and have never had this issue. Thank youuuu!
View attachment 31382

Hi there. Melissa with Iraggi Alternator. Here are a couple of guides I made that may be able to help you out some. I attached something about volatge and here is a link I recently posted about Big 3....If I can help dont hesitate to reach out :)

Attachments

• Understanding How Voltage & Regulators Work.pdf
    190.9 KB · Views: 41
Anybody have any idea what this could be?

Hi I posted to another thread but I will post here too! Here is a guide I created that may help you. I attached it, and also a link to a post I recently posted about alternator failures. If you have any questions I am glad to be of some help:

https://www.facebook.com/Melissa51515/

Attachments

190.9 KB · Views: 35
well… it’s not a bad battery. the alternator still charges the battery just fine. all the electronics in the car work perfect except for these two amps. what could this be!?
Hi again..Melissa with Iraggi Alternator here...I have a great post with a lot of help topics that may be able to help you out..Completely free to download or just view..https://www.iraggialternator.com/help-topics-and-tips

If I can help with any questions just let me know I would be happy to:

This is currently what my voltage at the amps is at with the car off (notice how dark the volt meters screen is) View attachment 31392
If you go to the Troubleshooting Form on my site and enter the information I may be able to help you diagnose... https://www.iraggialternator.com/submit-ticket
Capture.JPG

View attachment 31382

39Ben Hall, Greg McCool and 37 others
79 Comments

Comment

Attachments

190.9 KB · Views: 33
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...