New Radio Not Turning On

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rosebud

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello hello,

So, I recently purchased a new radio for my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I bought the wiring harness and antenna adapter, and went to hook everything up, but the radio didn't come on.

I checked the wires with a multimeter and my ground and constant wires seem to be fine. However, my 12 Volt Ignition wire didn't have any output when starting the car.

I tested both ends, where the wire connects to the radio, as well as where the wire harness connects, to see if it was just because I somehow messed up the connection, because admittedly I am new to this kind of thing.

Neither end showed any current when starting the car. I popped my old radio back in (which works fine btw), and contacted the wire harness people. They concluded the wire was the problem and sent another harness.

I cut and stripped the wires, and did everything again. Plugged it back in, and once again, the same issue occurred. Ran the same tests, same results. Radio isn't turning on, constant and ground are good, 12 Volt Ignition shows no current when starting the car.

I've no clue what else to try. I thought I might check fuses, but would the old radio work fine if there was a fuse problem? Hard to believe I just got two wire harnesses that both had a bad wire. Any ideas what can be done next?

Screenshot_20210822-150224_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210822-145959_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Rosebud

CarAudio.com Newbie
Rosebud
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies