Infinite Baffle Sub in a Avalanche Midgate

Participant count
  • Participants list

The_garr

I have a 2013 Avalanche and was wondering if anyone has put a infinite baffle sub in the midgate before? The truck boxes on these aren't totally air tight and may get humidity in them so I'm not sure how it would affect a sub like a AE SBP15. Not to mention I'm in Alberta Canada so we do reach -40 on occasion during the winter (not that I'd play them when its that cold).

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Brother in law had an '10 Avalanche with 2 12" JBLs in the midgate, infinite baffle. Zero issues with moisture. Houston gets quite soaked in the rainy season, so if moisture was an issue, it would have shown up. His door speakers were affected. That generation of Silverados and Avalanches have that issue.

I typed out a whole long thing and erased it. Someone explain this to me. I've never even known anyone that owned an Avalanche.
Well a avalanche has a 'midgate' in-between the box and cab of the truck that folds down so you can haul bigger items. So if you put say a AE 15" sub in it it would be running in a infinite baffle. The avalanche boxes are semi sealed with 3 hard tonne covers but still have vents along the side that can let in air/humidity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...