Infinite Baffle Sub in a Avalanche Midgate

The_garr

Sep 20, 2016
Sylvan lake, AB
I have a 2013 Avalanche and was wondering if anyone has put a infinite baffle sub in the midgate before? The truck boxes on these aren't totally air tight and may get humidity in them so I'm not sure how it would affect a sub like a AE SBP15. Not to mention I'm in Alberta Canada so we do reach -40 on occasion during the winter (not that I'd play them when its that cold).

Any thoughts?

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
Any thoughts?
Brother in law had an '10 Avalanche with 2 12" JBLs in the midgate, infinite baffle. Zero issues with moisture. Houston gets quite soaked in the rainy season, so if moisture was an issue, it would have shown up. His door speakers were affected. That generation of Silverados and Avalanches have that issue.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I typed out a whole long thing and erased it. Someone explain this to me. I've never even known anyone that owned an Avalanche.

The_garr

Sep 20, 2016
Sylvan lake, AB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I typed out a whole long thing and erased it. Someone explain this to me. I've never even known anyone that owned an Avalanche.
Well a avalanche has a 'midgate' in-between the box and cab of the truck that folds down so you can haul bigger items. So if you put say a AE 15" sub in it it would be running in a infinite baffle. The avalanche boxes are semi sealed with 3 hard tonne covers but still have vents along the side that can let in air/humidity.

Reactions: Slo_Ride

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds