How Many Channels and How to Wire???...

Dayton dsp isn't an amplifier it is just a dsp. As he said best to go with the kenwood dsp would work just fine as long as you keep the levels set properly. Heck I had very close 2K on a 130 amp alternator with no issues for a few months before upgrading the alternator.

View attachment 35563

I'm doing an install with the kenwood now, building the amp rack currently. This car has a 110 alternator and I'm going to run both of these amps on it, just keep your gains down you should be fine
crutchfield does have this amp as not compatible with my vehicle even though it's discontinued... I don't see a reason for that?... not being compatible that is...

crutchfield does have this amp as not compatible with my vehicle even though it's discontinued... I don't see a reason for that?... not being compatible that is...
The amp uses a maestro to connect to vehicles factory radios, your car is too old to interface with that. But if you order the one I linked from Amazon, it has a universal adapter with rca inputs instead.

The amp uses a maestro to connect to vehicles factory radios, your car is too old to interface with that. But if you order the one I linked from Amazon, it has a universal adapter with rca inputs instead.
so the link from the universal harness to the vehicle wiring from the head unit?... it seems I'd be simply soldering wires?...

It's just 2 RCA Jack's coming from the amp, run RCAs from the head unit to the amp, the amp turns 2 channels into 6, + 4 additional pre-amp channels for tuning additional amps. Then, from the speaker wire outputs on the amp to your speakers. Download the app, tune each speaker to your liking. Crossover, eq, fade, balance, time alignment is all done via the app. The maestro box is super small, most people just tape it to the amp, so essentially this solution gives you a single amp, powering all 6 speakers, will full dsp control. Sounds like you want to put it under your seat, so this is a much better solution than 2 amps plus a seperate dsp, and sound quality should be much better than the boss amps you liked. It's also fan cooled and D class, should stay cool under that seat.

It's just 2 RCA Jack's coming from the amp, run RCAs from the head unit to the amp, the amp turns 2 channels into 6, + 4 additional pre-amp channels for tuning additional amps. Then, from the speaker wire outputs on the amp to your speakers. Download the app, tune each speaker to your liking. Crossover, eq, fade, balance, time alignment is all done via the app. The maestro box is super small, most people just tape it to the amp, so essentially this solution gives you a single amp, powering all 6 speakers, will full dsp control. Sounds like you want to put it under your seat, so this is a much better solution than 2 amps plus a seperate dsp, and sound quality should be much better than the boss amps you liked. It's also fan cooled and D class, should stay cool under that seat.
ok.. which of the 4 RCA ports at the head would I use?... I just realized all channels put out the same frequencies from the head unit if I understood you correctly?

i have two RCA signals coming in from the head unit as it is... why don't I just tap into those?...

ok.. which of the 4 RCA ports at the head would I use?... I just realized all channels put out the same frequencies from the head unit if I understood you correctly?
Yes, all the same frequencies, just choose 2 rca outputs from the head unit and run them to the amp. Everybody benefits from a dsp, if you don't want to run the dsp, you need to buy speakers that come with a crossover or coax speakers to avoid blowing them up from running full signals to them. Dsp replaces crossovers. Also note that without a dsp, your speakers will sound however they sound, you won't be able to shape them.

I don't know what you have run the 4 rcas to that you mentioned. If it's to the factory amp, you won't need them anymore. You can just remove one set or tape up the ends, and plug the other set into the new amp.

i still don't understand the compatibility issues i'm see both at crutchfield and now with Maestro AR?.. it would seem to be all in the wiring since it is a Kenwood head unit... I would think I could remove the wires from the connector going to the OEM amplifier and attach where needed?...

i still don't understand the compatibility issues i'm see both at crutchfield and now with Maestro AR?.. it would seem to be all in the wiring since it is a Kenwood head unit... I would think I could remove the wires from the connector going to the OEM amplifier and attach where needed?...
There's no compatibility issues ignore that. Leave the factory harness plugged in for accessory power, ignore everything else. Only things you need to plug in at the head unit is the factory harness, one set of RCAs, and remote turn on wire for the amp. Compatibility only matters if using the maestro unit for its full function. You are using this as a stand alone amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...