Sundown SAZ 1500d V.3 specs?

Nugg32
10+ year member

Ohio
Does anyone know what the accurate specs are for the sundown audio SAZ 1500d v.3 is? I lost the paper work for this and i've found 2 sites that claim to have the specs but they are different from one another. I'm just trying to figure out the accurate inline fuse to use and the accurate watts.

Does anyone know what the accurate specs are for the sundown audio SAZ 1500d v.3 is? I lost the paper work for this and i've found 2 sites that claim to have the specs but they are different from one another. I'm just trying to figure out the accurate inline fuse to use and the accurate watts.
I'd expect they'd call for 150A fuse but it is likely you would rarely if ever open a 100A fuse if you're not doing anything crazy. Those amps should make rated power plus a bit at 14.4V into 1 ohm.

I would personally fuse at 100A then step up to 125 then 150 if you're opening them often. The lower you go the better chances of the fuse actually protecting your amp if something goes tits up.

Yes Original has onboard fusing. V2 and v3 do not.

Whats a working v3 kinda ugly go for now?

Thanks! And I couldn't tell you man. I purchased this amp years ago for an old build but the car I got it for was stolen so the project ended and I've just had this thing sitting in the box, never used for a few years now 😂

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...