How Many Channels and How to Wire???...

The kenwood is going to send full frequency to everything but the sub. If you are powering a tweeter with no cross it's going to pop. Your factory amp likely did the crossing internally

The kenwood is going to send full frequency to everything but the sub. If you are powering a tweeter with no cross it's going to pop. Your factory amp likely did the crossing internally
The AudioControl LC6i line level converter is going to be doing that... I think...

The AudioControl LC6i line level converter is going to be doing that... I think...
The lc6 is nor a crossover, it takes speaker level inputs from a factory radio, rums all the signals and converts to full range rca outputs for an amp. You already have rca outputs on the radio, so no need to convert

The lc6 is nor a crossover, it takes speaker level inputs from a factory radio, rums all the signals and converts to full range rca outputs for an amp. You already have rca outputs on the radio, so no need to convert
let me see if i can put this into my own words... the head unit is taking Hi/Lo/Mid-Range and compressing these frequencies into 4-channels... a crossover is something needed to separate the frequencies back out... is that correct?...

let me see if i can put this into my own words... the head unit is taking Hi/Lo/Mid-Range and compressing these frequencies into 4-channels... a crossover is something needed to separate the frequencies back out... is that correct?...
Sort of. High/mid/low frequencies are combined into a single track when it is recorded. The head unit doesn't compress anything, it just splits up the original, full range song into 4 channels to give you fader control. You then use either a passive crossover, or preferably a dsp. A crossover will limit the frequencies going to that speaker to only those it is designed to handle. Dsp let's you set the crossover points manually along with eq and time alignment

The dayton and kenwood are both great options, and the kenwood would eliminate the need for 2 amps or a seperate dsp
the kenwood is a slick machine but it pulls 60a at full load... i know that's not what i'll operate it at but I've replaced my alternator with 100a up from 80a and don't really want to do it again... i need what you're talking about in something around 30amps...

I'm doing an install with the kenwood now, building the amp rack currently. This car has a 110 alternator and I'm going to run both of these amps on it, just keep your gains down you should be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...