Help with my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not the wires inside the alternator, the wire that runs from alternator to battery.
Big 3 upgrades that wire, the wire from battery to frame, and the wire from engine block to frame. Upgrade those 3 wires to thick wire.

The power for your amplifiers flows through those wires.

I get the vibe that you are jumping in to the deep end of the pool first.
It's easy to buy a 5000 watt amplifier. It's not easy to use that without upgrading your car's electrical.

If you don't get your electrical sorted out, you are gonna break stuff. Break amplifiers, break subs, break your cars electrical.

Read around for a few weeks. Do some research. Ask questions. Learn what it takes to run big power correctly.

Not the wires inside the alternator, the wire that runs from alternator to battery.
Big 3 upgrades that wire, the wire from battery to frame, and the wire from engine block to frame. Upgrade those 3 wires to thick wire.

It's easy to buy a 5000 watt amplifier. It's not easy to use that without upgrading your car's electrical.

If you don't get your electrical sorted out, you are gonna break stuff. Break amplifiers, break subs, break your cars electrical.

Read around for a few weeks. Do some research. Ask questions. Learn what it takes to run big power correctly.
It can also get a bit expensive if you cut corners and do things twice and or 3 times. The wiring is getting very expensive now. I always start with my electrical system to supply the need. That where I am back to for the next build. Ive got close to $2700 bucks in batteries alone this time rather than doing Lithium,and may need a couple more Batteries?. Take the time and patience for sure!! It will come together soon enough.

You see that's why I'm asking around because a few days ago I had no knowledge about having to change the wire from the alternator to the battery or the engine block to the battery

I will be upgrading those wires to maybe a 4/0 gauge or 2/0 gauge

I just don't want to have to be upgrading multiple times bc i dont have bigger wires or I don't have a big enough amp. Or I need a better alternator.. I rather have the best wires so I know for a fact I won't be needing to upgrading my wiring.. And have a good enough alternator that could output more than enough.. And well when it comes to the battery I'll just buy another one..i dont believe I'll be wanting more than those 4 skar zvxv2 d2.. Thats more than enough for me. And I'm getting a custom box made for them with the specs needed for them.

I am trying to jump into the deepside of that pool with everyone's help 😬 so keep feeding me knowledge 😁

It can also get a bit expensive if you cut corners and do things twice and or 3 times. The wiring is getting very expensive now. I always start with my electrical system to supply the need. That where I am back to for the next build. Ive got close to $2700 bucks in batteries alone this time rather than doing Lithium,and may need a couple more Batteries?. Take the time and patience for sure!! It will come together soon enough.
Yeah not looking to cut corners... Not gonna lie that's a bit expensive just in. Battery.. How much are you pushing just wondering?

What should I be getting? A power bank? A capacitor or a battery and what kind of battery?

Last edited:
Yeah not looking to cut corners... Not gonna lie that's a bit expensive just in. Battery.. How much are you pushing just wondering?

What should I be getting? A power bank? A capacitor or a battery and what kind of battery?
Been busy for last few days. sorry.ATM Im pushing approx 100x4 on two sets of 6.5 components.. lol. 🤣 :poop: Im lowering down to approx 5k to 6k to test and loosen some other subs up and then back up to 10k on subs alone again. ive always just used an HO alternator and AGM batteries. Ive been looking at Lithium and researching it a little bit. But i came across a great deal on some new3 batteries, so thats where Im going, and comfortable with atm. Ill be placing my 320 or 370 amp alt in and a min of 3 runs of 0ga OFC or 2/0. I have 2 runs of 0ga atm. running new wiring for sure. Its all about 5 yrs old

Id sit down and figure out exactly what all you will be installing for amperage consumption and add another 10-15% amperage useage on top of that to have on tap. I wouldnt recommend a cap. Pretty worthless especially for power storage needs. Get your budget together and figure out whats best for your needs. Its up to you to purchase and others can recommend as I all day long.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...