Help with box tuning

Participant count
  • Participants list

K9Candyman

CarAudio.com Recruit
ITALY
Hello from italy dear car audio friends. Woul you kindly help me with a good box tuning for my 2 pride sv3 15's? I have a soundigital 8k to push them, maybe i upgrade that amplifier later soon, but i need help with the enclosure tuning. The problem is that i need a certain type of bass, that kind of bass that you can feel on you non only inside the car, but outside open door 2-3 meter away from the car. One of my friend have a B2 with 2k and he is able to vibrate your clotes 5 meter away but he won't tell me the tuning. Please help

Here It is from the manual. The bass i'm searcing for Is the one you can feel on y
IMG_20210415_193532.jpg
our body away from the car. Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english

Those look like extremely serious subwoofers. The t/s labels are in English 😅

You need a serious design for those. If that manual is honest, those look like some monsters.

You need a serious design for those. If that manual is honest, those look like some monsters.
The thing that i want to know is generally talking what is the best tuning point for the kind of bass i'm looking for? Some people told me that the bass that you feel the most 5 meter from the car is 32 hertz, can you agree? Btw mine are 2 15's

Local guy did 154 and change tuned low with one of those 18's. Gobs of power too. Beast subs.

The thing that i want to know is generally talking what is the best tuning point for the kind of bass i'm looking for? Some people told me that the bass that you feel the most 5 meter from the car is 32 hertz, can you agree?

I hope you have enough alternator + battery to feed that amp. I also hope you have the ability to build a very large and solid box for those subs. What vehicle is this going to be in and precisely how much space do you have?

I would suggest tuning at or around whatever the company that sells those subs recommends and it should be plenty loud if you can feed that amp properly and build a good sturdy box.

I hope you have enough alternator + battery to feed that amp. I also hope you have the ability to build a very large and solid box for those subs. What vehicle is this going to be in and precisely how much space do you have?

I would suggest tuning at or around whatever the company that sells those subs recommends and it should be plenty loud if you can feed that amp properly and build a good sturdy box.
Thank you for your answer. I have at the moment 4 agm batteries 100ah each one, and a 120a alternator that i will upgrade to a 320 soon. My car is a tiny Fiat punto van, that allow me to build a reasonable large box. 350 liter (12 cubic feet) using 4 centimeter (1,5 inch) plywood. Pride in the manual says to tune at 30hz, would that allow me to feel the bass physically outside the car or for that kind of bass is better a higher tune?

Those look like decent subs. I have this sub specs saved in the database of my enclosure designing software. I never got to build the box for it though. I had a friend from Kazakhstan who was going to use it, but he got deported before the build came. The box I have saved in here for him was 3.2 cubic ft, with a port tuning of 29.

Those look like decent subs. I have this sub specs saved in the database of my enclosure designing software. I never got to build the box for it though. I had a friend from Kazakhstan who was going to use it, but he got deported before the build came. The box I have saved in here for him was 3.2 cubic ft, with a port tuning of 29.
Would you kindly share that with me?

Thank you for your answer. I have at the moment 4 agm batteries 100ah each one, and a 120a alternator that i will upgrade to a 320 soon. My car is a tiny Fiat punto van, that allow me to build a reasonable large box. 350 liter (12 cubic feet) using 4 centimeter (1,5 inch) plywood. Pride in the manual says to tune at 30hz, would that allow me to feel the bass physically outside the car or for that kind of bass is better a higher tune?
I would not tune that low if you intend to play actual normal speed music.

That said, use every bit of that 12 cubic foot gross space you have and use 300 square inches of port area. If your box is built solid you should not have any issues being loud everywhere.

I would not tune that low if you intend to play actual normal speed music.

That said, use every bit of that 12 cubic foot gross space you have and use 300 square inches of port area. If your box is built solid you should not have any issues being loud everywhere.
300 square inch of port? Holy! That huge?
1.jpg

300 square inch of port? Holy! That huge?
My mistake, 150-200 for 10 cubic foot net box should do well. 300 will be impractical if you're not doing a wall build and likely not gain much over 200"

if you google "Salvati loudspeaker white paper" First link should be scholarly article explaining how more port area = more efficiency. Typical "cookie cutter" box designs use 15-20 square inches per cubic foot of internal airspace.

The "DD Box" will typically get very loud with a critically over-damped (huge motor and stiff suspension) sub.
If you feel you need lower tuning make the port longer, but I would suggest going no lower than 15 square inches per cubic foot of box volume.

My mistake, 150-200 for 10 cubic foot net box should do well. 300 will be impractical if you're not doing a wall build and likely not gain much over 200"

if you google "Salvati loudspeaker white paper" First link should be scholarly article explaining how more port area = more efficiency. Typical "cookie cutter" box designs use 15-20 square inches per cubic foot of internal airspace.

The "DD Box" will typically get very loud with a critically over-damped (huge motor and stiff suspension) sub.
[/URL]
If you feel you need lower tuning make the port longer, but I would suggest going no lower than 15 square inches per cubic foot of box volume.
2.jpg

Thank you very much, i appreciate your comments. So 30 is a bit low tuning for normal music, and people tell me 45 is too high because then it will not play the deep notes, so 35 can be a good solution? Remember, for me the only real bass i need is the one you can feel outside the car, not only hear, but feel too! Sorry for my english, i'm in italy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...