Ported vs 4th and 6th orders

Participant count
  • Participant list
My vehicle is a 2001 honda odyssey minivan lol subs are 2 15 inch skar vxf and I plan on running a taramps bass 3k or 5k and my goal is to be loud but im not chasing numbers

My vehicle is a 2001 honda odyssey minivan lol subs are 2 15 inch skar vxf and I plan on running a taramps bass 3k or 5k and my goal is to be loud but im not chasing numbers
Electrical 1st... don't half azz it.

Deaden the van and go low tuned ported and put 5K on those suckas.

Really deaden the vehicle...

Electrical 1st... don't half azz it.

Deaden the van and go low tuned ported and put 5K on those suckas.

Really deaden the vehicle...
So how do I bypass getting a high output alternator? Mechman doesn't make one for my year. I read that a JY HP-40 is good on standalone for up to 4k watts. My vans stock alt is a 130 amp if that matters

I’ll do a 6th order wall in that minivan if you let me lol. But ported is probably best for daily. That’s going to be one very loud daily if it’s done correctly. x2, I’d do the 5k if you could. Better have good electrical. You better go ahead and like brace your vehicle really and prepare for something to break.

I’ll do a 6th order wall in that minivan if you let me lol. But ported is probably best for daily. That’s going to be one very loud daily if it’s done correctly. x2, I’d do the 5k if you could. Better have good electrical. You better go ahead and like brace your vehicle really and prepare for something to break.
How do I know if I can do a 6th order wall? Sub t/s parameters have anything to do with it?

How do I know if I can do a 6th order wall? Sub t/s parameters have anything to do with it?

Yeah, typically subs that like sealed, you can do a 4th. Subs that like ported, you can do a 6th. Higher powered systems, IMO, tend to do better in a 6th. Sealed has limitations inherently. 6th orders are a great way to use all of you power to produce controlled sound. They work so well. 2 15’s like the Skar ZVX’s need probably minimum 16-18 cubes, optimally probably something 20-22 cubes net would be best, or so.

Okay I have 2 skar vxf 15s about how big of a 6th order are we talking? Lol I'm fine with taking all the seats out except the 2 front if needed. Also what do you guys think of brand x alternators?

Okay I have 2 skar vxf 15s about how big of a 6th order are we talking? Lol I'm fine with taking all the seats out except the 2 front if needed. Also what do you guys think of brand x alternators?
Brand X? He's knowledgeable but tends to save cost where its stupid to do so imo... with pyrrhic results. My sons CES was solid and surprising... budget-wise and built like a idk... but solid.
I hate buying an alt that fails somewhere internally.
Jmo...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...