best amp or amps to use in my truck..all help is great

The crunch is all they said 500watt pros all wired to a 2004 2000watt crunch amp they subs were older than me 23 years old 1991 my uncle still had boxes was kinda funny but it was brutal.

Hifonics, Audiopipe, MBQuart, all much better than a Crunch and will do rated if your voltage is good. If you want to skip the BS and get a REALLY good amp, CT Sounds, Digital Designs, DC, are all very efficient and well built amps and will do rated power usually even on lower voltage. If you're not competing or trying for serious SPL, an Audiopipe 1000.1D would be great!
WTF are you smoking

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Crossfire also make great amps, as stated above^. American Bass are OK but need a lot of voltage to do rated and aren't as beefy as the DC's, DD's, Crescendo, etc.
Wrong again. Where are you getting this stuff from?

Lmao.... people can't wait to bash other people on this **** forum, no wonder I usually stick with SMD forums! WTF are YOU smoking? Can you honestly say that CT, DD and DC don't make good amps???? Not everyone is an audiophile so yes, an Audipipe 1000D would be just fine for this application. And I'm wrong in saying that Crossfire make good amps? Are you two here to ACTUALLY help the OP, or just to pick apart the people who are ACTUALLY trying to help?Tell me, because I am curious, what part of what I said was false or misleading?

WTF are you smoking 

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Wrong again. Where are you getting this stuff from?

It's misinformation. Audiopipe not exactly known to do rated. Great short term amps.... reliability is in question these days. Hifonics is hit or miss. Mb quart has fallen off a bit since the dsc's. Many people have reported their problems with ct sounds amps. I like your enthusiasm to help on the forum, but you state things as fact, when they are not. Unfortunately people read that and don't know any better and take it as fact. Then when they are told otherwise they get all but hurt. I simply try and make sure misinformation does not get spread around. The forums can be a source of great info, but can also be bad info. Max sonics has there good products and bad. I'm not bashing you, but when you say things like cca performs better. Can't run a sub off a bridged 4 channel etc it's face palm time.

Lmao.... people can't wait to bash other people on this **** forum, no wonder I usually stick with SMD forums! WTF are YOU smoking? Can you honestly say that CT, DD and DC don't make good amps???? Not everyone is an audiophile so yes, an Audipipe 1000D would be just fine for this application. And I'm wrong in saying that Crossfire make good amps? Are you two here to ACTUALLY help the OP, or just to pick apart the people who are ACTUALLY trying to help?Tell me, because I am curious, what part of what I said was false or misleading?

Audiopipe has been proven many times to not do rated and show a very nasty clip. Crossfire has a few good amps but not all are. CT amps are smoke machines. Head on back to SMD please.

It's misinformation. Audiopipe not exactly known to do rated. Great short term amps.... reliability is in question these days. Hifonics is hit or miss. Mb quart has fallen off a bit since the dsc's. Many people have reported their problems with ct sounds amps. I like your enthusiasm to help on the forum, but you state things as fact, when they are not. Unfortunately people read that and don't know any better and take it as fact. Then when they are told otherwise they get all but hurt. I simply try and make sure misinformation does not get spread around. The forums can be a source of great info, but can also be bad info. Max sonics has there good products and bad. I'm not bashing you, but when you say things like cca performs better. Can't run a sub off a bridged 4 channel etc it's face palm time.
Thats just it though, the suggestions I make are just that, suggestions.... from opinion. The OP is obviously not trying to build something for major SPL so wouldn't a DD or a Crescendo kind of be overkill? I agree with you there, Maxxsonics are very hit and miss. I have a HF BRZ1700.1D and it definitely is underpowering my sub, even though the RMS rating is much greater than that of my sub. These are just suggestions and as I have said before, the OP will make the final decision based on the information he finds most useful. But for NOLoud4U to look at me like I have two heads for suggesting a budget route and a more expensive route is just uncalled for. I can honestly say that OFC performs better, depending on the brand. However, a good, TRUE 0ga. length of CCA can carry just as much current as some of the cheap brand OFC, can you agree there? And at a lower price, unless you're pushing 2k RMS, works just as well. I have seen some dumb posts on here but none of the amps I suggested are BAD amps. Crunch are Maxxsonics bottom line amps IMO and rarely put out rated power.

Audiopipe has been proven many times to not do rated and show a very nasty clip. Crossfire has a few good amps but not all are. CT amps are smoke machines. Head on back to SMD please.
And right there, you are stating that as a FACT! YOUR opinion is that CT amps are smoke machines, this is NOT a fact. I have owned one, lasted nearly a year at .5 ohm before I sold it. Audiopipes may not always do rated, no argument there but not everyone can afford a DD or a $700 amp. That is why they make lower end amps and subs, for people on a budget! If your opinion of a certain brand is that they're junk, that is fine. But anothers take on that same amp may be totally different, so completely disregarding them as an option is very bias! I am sure everyone wishes they could have an M3 or a DC 2k but for some, this is way out of financial reach. This thread has turned into everyones biased opinion on brands, rather than trying to help the OP find the best amp for his application.

Thats just it though, the suggestions I make are just that, suggestions.... from opinion. The OP is obviously not trying to build something for major SPL so wouldn't a DD or a Crescendo kind of be overkill? I agree with you there, Maxxsonics are very hit and miss. I have a HF BRZ1700.1D and it definitely is underpowering my sub, even though the RMS rating is much greater than that of my sub. These are just suggestions and as I have said before, the OP will make the final decision based on the information he finds most useful. But for NOLoud4U to look at me like I have two heads for suggesting a budget route and a more expensive route is just uncalled for. I can honestly say that OFC performs better, depending on the brand. However, a good, TRUE 0ga. length of CCA can carry just as much current as some of the cheap brand OFC, can you agree there? And at a lower price, unless you're pushing 2k RMS, works just as well. I have seen some dumb posts on here but none of the amps I suggested are BAD amps. Crunch are Maxxsonics bottom line amps IMO and rarely put out rated power.
If you are going to suggest a budget amp suggest a quality budget amp. Good cheap power is better than more dirty unreliable power. F someone is on a budget are they going to be able to replace a janky amp when it dies? Or replace the subs after the dirty amp smokes them?

If you are going to suggest a budget amp suggest a quality budget amp. Good cheap power is better than more dirty unreliable power. F someone is on a budget are they going to be able to replace a janky amp when it dies? Or replace the subs after the dirty amp smokes them?
Most quality amps are not "budget" though. You know the old saying, you get what you pay for. There are a few low cost amps out there that are of good quality but are far and few between. I have owned an array of different amps and in my experiences, as long as you are not clipping the **** out of it, mid end amps usually will not smoke your subs. I have had this POS BRZ on many subs and only one blew, a PA MOFO...for obvious reasons lol. In the end, he went with a DC anyway, which I think we can ALL agree is a good choice. Why keep debating on which products **** and which products don't? You have been on here a while, do people usually agree on things like this?

older audiopipes actually did okay with the output

, still dirty as hell in a real world test though, new generation audiopipes, definitely have to pass on those yuck. CT 4000 and 7000 are smoke machines because they were overrated well beyond the means of their actual output capabilities, however but their at 1400.1 have very few problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.