2000w for $250 or less?

JayE

I'm about to add another sa-12 to my car. I have one sa12d4 running off a hifonics x1100.1d. I'd like to feed them 2000w @ 1ohm. I'd like to spend no more than $250. I'm currently looking at the hifonics brx2000.1d or possibly spend a little more on the brx2400.1d.

Anybody have opinions on these amps or have any other suggestions around that price range?

I'm about to add another sa-12 to my car. I have one sa12d4 running off a hifonics x1100.1d. I'd like to feed them 2000w @ 1ohm. I'd like to spend no more than $250. I'm currently looking at the hifonics brx2000.1d or possibly spend a little more on the brx2400.1d.
Anybody have opinions on these amps or have any other suggestions around that price range?
Look into audiopipe apsm 1500d's they are good amps i had 2 strapped and it put out a ton.. Fans are loud though

Well first off do you have any electrical upgrades? You will need them for that amount of power
No, but I'm planning on big 3 at the same time. It's easier for me to do several things at once because my time is limited due to work.

No, but I'm planning on big 3 at the same time. It's easier for me to do several things at once because my time is limited due to work.
Big 3, 1/0 all around, 2 batteries, and HO alt. $1200 is what it costed me in electrical alone to run 2200 those hifonics especially like good electrical theyre power hungry but for your price range thats probably your best bet to getting close to 2000watts

Yeah you're at least going to need big 3, 1/0 all the way around, nice agm up front, and one in the back to power that amp as like martin said they are power hungry. A HO alt would be good to look into also because if you are like the rest of use you will just want more down the road. I know it is hard but if were you I would start upgrading the electrical first and then other sub and amp later, but if you do not want to go that route the brx is a decent budget amp. You could also look into ppi and that BB4000 would not be a bad choice either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMERICAN-BASS-VFL44801D-4480W-CLASS-D-MONO-HYBRID-AMPLIFIER-AMP-4480-WATT-/171417877502?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item27e94d3bfe

I would look into these. Very efficient amps

Ninja, I know you're right, but I just don't like hearing that mess. ..lol. It is hard to do the right stuff first.

I guess I'm going to start out with a big3 kit from mylows10 and probably this battery:

XS Power D3400 12-Volt Deep Cycle AGM Power Cell Battery

Are there any cheaper alternatives in terms of batteries that will perform at that level?

I appreciate all the suggestions guys! I'm definitely going to refer back to this thread once I get electrical squared away.

Kinetik hc 1800 or diehard platinum from sears. I dont think you'll need a high output man just probably a small battery in the back next to the amp is fine. Ran those electrical upgrades on 2k for years on my stock 80 amp alt corolla without problems and volts didnt drop past 13.

Lol after box rise, voltage drop, and amp efficiency, you'll probably see 800 watts total.
Would I be better off with something like a SoundQubed Q1-1200D? It's less power than the hifonics claims and right on the border of rms for two sa12s, but according to you guys I would never see what the hifonics claims anyways.

Edit:spelling

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.