best amp or amps to use in my truck..all help is great

My truck currently has 2 amps

1 2000watt crunch on 2 massive audio kilo 104s sealed

1 crunch 1000watt 4ch on 1 massive hippo 84 sealed and 2 american bass closed back 6.5s

my hippo is sad 125rms> closer to 80-100

I have a crossfire 320 laying around but would like to put some power on that hippo

and my kilos could do better....all in my 1500 ext cab chevy 3 door every day driver

I do not know the good amps or brands that are any good but 600$ is my budget

I just want my woofers to hit harder my crunch amp has always been on the week side..... What is a good true 2000watt max 1000rms 1 ohm or 2 ch 2ohm..that will make the power it says..

I just want my woofers to hit harder my crunch amp has always been on the week side..... What is a good true 2000watt max 1000rms 1 ohm or 2 ch 2ohm..that will make the power it says..
Never look at max ratings.. If you are paying $250 or so for 1000 watts it will do what it says

I own a 2000 gmc sierra 1500 2 door also....

I am running a American Bass VFL Hybrid 4480.1D...

Its doing 1250 watts on 2 ohms & can do 2000+ watts on 1 ohm.

Only thing is you will have to run a 0 gauge wire then connect it to a small peice of 4 gauge to fit the power/ground inserts.

I doubted this amp before, but now that i have fixed my own issues i created this amp is beating the crap out of my db drive wdx 5k sub @ 2 ohms.

well now im thinking when new amp comes around >>>>danm pigs gave me a 143$ ticket in a car with a crunch 1200watt 2ch to 2 12 volfen something

To remove that rear clutter collector or back seat and make a new box..much deeper and better cooling to amps

but it needs at least 1 seat mabey small s10 or dakota seat

Hifonics, Audiopipe, MBQuart, all much better than a Crunch and will do rated if your voltage is good. If you want to skip the BS and get a REALLY good amp, CT Sounds, Digital Designs, DC, are all very efficient and well built amps and will do rated power usually even on lower voltage. If you're not competing or trying for serious SPL, an Audiopipe 1000.1D would be great!

Crossfire also make great amps, as stated above^. American Bass are OK but need a lot of voltage to do rated and aren't as beefy as the DC's, DD's, Crescendo, etc.

well now im thinking when new amp comes around >>>>danm pigs gave me a 143$ ticket in a car with a crunch 1200watt 2ch to 2 12 volfen somethingTo remove that rear clutter collector or back seat and make a new box..much deeper and better cooling to amps

but it needs at least 1 seat mabey small s10 or dakota seat
Taramps or sound digital 3k amps are right up you alley man.

The amp is one thing but should I port or seal. And im looking of an amp thats just mean buy one and done kinda deal. now I cant hate on crunch too bad at least not older crunch I had 4 the crunch 12s in my dakota blew the back window out of its rubbers

What amp were you running and which crunch 12's? I used crunch in the mid 90's quite a bit. By saying an amp once and done I'd get with myslows10 and buy something new with a warranty if it's the last one you want to buy. You'll know how it's treated from day 1 and have a warranty. Everyone on here is going to point you to ported. But, what was your set up with the crunch 12's and which ones. I'm really curious about that set up for nostalgic reasons

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.