best amp or amps to use in my truck..all help is great

Thats just it though, the suggestions I make are just that, suggestions.... from opinion. The OP is obviously not trying to build something for major SPL so wouldn't a DD or a Crescendo kind of be overkill? I agree with you there, Maxxsonics are very hit and miss. I have a HF BRZ1700.1D and it definitely is underpowering my sub, even though the RMS rating is much greater than that of my sub. These are just suggestions and as I have said before, the OP will make the final decision based on the information he finds most useful. But for NOLoud4U to look at me like I have two heads for suggesting a budget route and a more expensive route is just uncalled for. I can honestly say that OFC performs better, depending on the brand. However, a good, TRUE 0ga. length of CCA can carry just as much current as some of the cheap brand OFC, can you agree there? And at a lower price, unless you're pushing 2k RMS, works just as well. I have seen some dumb posts on here but none of the amps I suggested are BAD amps. Crunch are Maxxsonics bottom line amps IMO and rarely put out rated power.
actually there was a test where CCA got extremely hot under a load in an extended period of time compared to OFC. The heat levels made a huge difference in voltage both were put under the same load. 1/0 CCA is for anything under 2k. Once you go past 2k of actual current draw, CCA is not going to cut it. Underneath it, its a budget builder's paradise. Just recognize that even though it can carry as much current as OFC, it cannot do it for an extended period of time longer then 10 minutes without losing efficiency due to heat. The resistance in aluminium does add up no matter how you look at it.

I am thinking dc 1.2k as far as amp..

and was looking around an s10 my idea here is take 1 back seat and mount it on passenger side with my 3rd door..

and build a better box with storage for my snow gear ...a cup holder and better spot for my amp >not on its side

ok now the amps on order..I was looking at the s10 rear fold down seat I can make a bracket to floor and mount it on the side with my 3rd door..

the rest of that beautiful area there can be turned into a better box, better amp mounting, and small bit of storage for snow gear..

the real choice port or seal I am still going to downfire >with bit more space to the floor..

and if anyone has an idea on what would be the best way to lay this out >both subs on one side or spaced apart

right now my box says 1 cube of air but its .65

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.