91 Skyline GTR Build Log

well i wasnt going to do the rear speakers until after he got back, but he told me to have another day and get em done. turns out they went in far easier than i thought they would be(i thought the rear deck would need some cutting, but it didnt). after i got all four installed i took a listen. and ****. these speakers sound awesome. and they actually have really good bass. the rearview shakes a little lol. and they kinda pick up the lows and make your feet shake a bit. overall they get loud and sound wicked. and i dont mind having speakers behind me..but i did still set the fader farther up then most people would. but as long as the customer is happy, thats all that maters. and i guess i will see how he likes them when he picks it up later on. here are a few pics from last night/today

IMG_06952.jpg

IMG_06962.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

i also just noticed how dirty the carpet is on the rear deck. lol i will shampoo it when it comes out for deadening in a few weeks.

IMG_0451-2.jpg

IMG_0451-3.jpg

IMG_04522.jpg

IMG_04532.jpg

ahaha you edited out the license plate number on the 1st picture but not the 9th picture is pretty much a close up it. Nice work, besides that.

ahaha you edited out the license plate number on the 1st picture but not the 9th picture is pretty much a close up it. Nice work, besides that.
lol ya im editing them out right now. its probably not a big deal, but i wouldnt want to risk it. and thanks:)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
lots of ppl think of a skyline as a bigger 240sx its an old joke lol

i find it funny you are doing stereo work before any engine mods...that rb is BONE STOCK! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

lots of ppl think of a skyline as a bigger 240sx its an old joke lol
i find it funny you are doing stereo work before any engine mods...that rb is BONE STOCK! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
why would he put his car out of commision at the start of summer to do engine mods. thats more of a thing to do when its in a garage all winter. however a stereo goes in pretty quick, and you can still enjoy it all summer

well after installing the dvd indash i realized it has some weird engine noise. i relocated both the head unit ground and the amp ground three times. i also grounded the rcas which helped take away most of the noise. however there is still a whining that comes out of the speakers as i accelerate. i worked for three plus hours ttrying to locate the source but it still is there. after consulting my friend who is an installer i realize it may be alternator noise. anyhow the dvd unit is wicked. it has a has a real nice picture.

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

bump...getting deadeing this week. dynamat origional

so far i have used gasoline (will use rubbing alchohol on the next door) to remover the silicone holding the factory plastic cover on. then i used heavy duty degreaser to remove all the gas/grease. then used soapy water to cleanse the rest of it. now its all good to go for the dynamat. the whole door will be deadened, along with behind the speaker

IMG_0516.jpg

Also can't believe a stereo install before performance on that thing. But whatever floats. Tight ass car. I heard they were trying to ban then in the US at one point. To fast for the streets and to many people killed in them. What do ya'll have in store for the motor?

Wanna talk fast? haha there is a guy around here that runs at the local strip. Exact model car. 91 skyline. Last I recal he had a good list of mods, nothing a normal person cant put on though. He had radials, cams/head combo, piston/rods, converter, fuelpump, ignition, Motec computer, 150 shot, gears, and that thing ran 32 lbs of boost. He ran down the 1/4 with a best of 8.2 and spun a little. Up that to a 250 shot, and some traction, and you easily got a 7 second car :0

yea i beleive he is doing all the engine **** over the winter. he doesnt have the time to do it now.. and i dont know what he has planned. whatever you need to do to get over 500 horse lol

and yea, they are banning any imports into canada last i heard. im not sure its because of the speed, rather head on collisions on secondary highways. trying to pass on a single lane highway etc.. dont quote me on that though

Wanna talk fast? haha there is a guy around here that runs at the local strip. Exact model car. 91 skyline. Last I recal he had a good list of mods, nothing a normal person cant put on though. He had radials, cams/head combo, piston/rods, converter, fuelpump, ignition, Motec computer, 150 shot, gears, and that thing ran 32 lbs of boost. He ran down the 1/4 with a best of 8.2 and spun a little. Up that to a 250 shot, and some traction, and you easily got a 7 second car :0
o rly. im pretty sure a "normal" person could have that done too. money goes a long way....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.