Looking for 1 good 12" or 15"... ~$300

chambiec1
10+ year member

I'm not loud at all?!?
Hey guys. I am going to be putting a system in my '92 Bonneville soon. I want to do 1 12" or 1 15" ported. The trouble I am having is finding the best sub for my application for around $300. Im looking for a good mix between SPL and a daily driver. Will not be used in comps, just to beat up on some locals. Plan to feed whatever I get 1000w-1500w. I was looking at SSA Icon's in 15", Kicker L7's in 12", etc. I am open to suggestions you guys may have.

Thanks.

-chambie

Looking on SSA's website, so far I have seen the following options.

12" Kicker L7- $269

15" Kicker L7- $259

15" SSA Icon 15D1- $269

12" AA Arsenal- $175

15" " "- $195

Choices choices. I will search for info on each, but would like to hear people's personal experiences with some if you would mind.

Wait on the new AQ's. If you can not wait I would look at the FI Q's for a good mix and that power. Perhaps even a Type R. I know people are getting tired of hearing type R but they are good subs for the money.

Well... it's going in the trunk of a '92 Pontiac Bonneville... The car is at the body shop at the moment, but I'm thinking anywheres from 3.5-4^3FT. Once the car comes back I will figure out max dimensions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.