You name the sub, I build the box

I appreciate Grant posting the design in my absence. That is just the design, and yes, the box will be built probaby in a week and a half. Tomorrow I'm going to colorado, then after a week I come back and we all go on a family trip/cruise/something involving the ocean. After that, all bets are off. Already got the carpet, I can either do medium grey or charcoal. Which one? Ordering rabbet bit as we speak. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-Dave

rabbeting bit FTW
Indeed. I'm using the BJ BangLemans technique. It's a variation of yours that James Bang uses which I adapted for my own use //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Indeed. I'm using the BJ BangLemans technique. It's a variation of yours that James Bang uses which I adapted for my own use //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That sounds a little on the wierd side.

i though about buying a rabbeting bit and some berings. but then i tryed the table saw just before i went to HD to get them and i can do the same cut all around that i can do with the rabbeting for the carpeting. so i saved me like $40,

but then im like i could use the rabbeting bit to flush mount speakers like for 8" speakers and smaller it would come in handy.

for subs i just double baffle.

what ealse can i use a rabbeting bit for?

That sounds a little on the wierd side.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif KinkyAudio, the best in flamboyant car audio designs.

i though about buying a rabbeting bit and some berings. but then i tryed the table saw just before i went to HD to get them and i can do the same cut all around that i can do with the rabbeting for the carpeting. so i saved me like $40,
but then im like i could use the rabbeting bit to flush mount speakers like for 8" speakers and smaller it would come in handy.

for subs i just double baffle.

what ealse can i use a rabbeting bit for?
Si tienes un "dado bit", no necesita un bit de rabbeto. Pero quieres hacer otras cosas, el rabbeto no tenga un precio.

Basically in that broken spanish which makes no sense, the rabbet bit is good if you don't have a dado attachment for your saw, which I think that you do. But, I use rabbeting bits for far many things. Inseting woofers, etc.

magnum4me9bl.jpg

magnum4mex1sf.jpg

magnum4me32uo.jpg
Did you do that in Sketch Up? If so I have been messing with it all morning and cant make anything close. I just suk I guess.

(sorry to thread jack)

Does it always take you over a week to build an enclosure ... ?
Nope, usually a day to build then sand, then a morning or afternoon or wte to carpet. Read the thread sir //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I had to get all of my wisdom teeth removed a few days ago because 3/4 got infected around the gum area. I cannot even close my mouth still, so no construction for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Did you do that in Sketch Up? If so I have been messing with it all morning and cant make anything close. I just suk I guess.(sorry to thread jack)
Yessir I did. Ask Grant (saywhat?), he "taught" me how to do it. By teaching I mean getting pissed as **** because I couldn't follow his directions which were absolutely awful //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Si tienes un "dado bit", no necesita un bit de rabbeto. Pero quieres hacer otras cosas, el rabbeto no tenga un precio.
Basically in that broken spanish which makes no sense, the rabbet bit is good if you don't have a dado attachment for your saw, which I think that you do. But, I use rabbeting bits for far many things. Inseting woofers, etc.
thats some funny spanish. is that how i sound on english lol

i know there are plenty of uses for the rabetting bit , im just wondering if there are enogh uses for it. that will make me go out and buy one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.