What is a SQ Sub?

It is when you want to get all the real important details to not be masked.
general populace will be saying "where's the bass"

Gotta realize that true SQ bass only appeals to a very small crowd of people. Most of these guys saying they want sound quality bass but all of the sudden they want it loud too means they arent looking for true SQ bass. They just want something that has good bandwidth and get decently loud rather than transparency and ambience like how they grade you in meca which is barely any bass by anyone's standards.

Gotta realize that true SQ bass only appeals to a very small crowd of people. Most of these guys saying they want sound quality bass but all of the sudden they want it loud too means they arent looking for true SQ bass. They just want something that has good bandwidth and get decently loud rather than transparency and ambience like how they grade you in meca which is barely any bass by anyone's standards.
Agreed.

Yup the more research I did on SQ subs the more I realize I just want the lowsssss lol. I don't know if I want to stick with a Sundown E10v3 on 600 watts or upgrade to a IDQ10 now

I've learnt one important lesson in the few years I've been obsessive about sound quality

Realistic sounds like realistic. If it's true to the source with mid level stuff is it going to be more true to the source with ultra high end?

No, that don't exist

I'm my case. I have mid level tweeters. They do everything as they should. Would I benifit going to a double the price($700) set? No, there is nothing to improve on.

Do I want a $700 set just because? Yes.

That's what it's about. Ultra high end just because. That fits everywhere. Speakers and amps.

Two things that I have found just as important as the quality of the sub is one, making sure you cannot hear any rattling or flexing inside your vehicle. If there is your bass will sound distorted as ****. Two, make sure your highs can keep up to the bass. I spent way more time insulating and bracing the body and interior of my car than I ever did with sub selection and box building. Also have about 800 watts going to my front stage. That made the biggest difference. The bracing made it way louder and tighter too.

Two things that I have found just as important as the quality of the sub is one, making sure you cannot hear any rattling or flexing inside your vehicle. If there is your bass will sound distorted as ****. Two, make sure your highs can keep up to the bass. I spent way more time insulating and bracing the body and interior of my car than I ever did with sub selection and box building. Also have about 800 watts going to my front stage. That made the biggest difference. The bracing made it way louder and tighter too.
I love some spray foam

^^^^

This. Your speakers are only as good as the environment you put them in.

I had installed all new speakers and subs.. didn't do any deadening or reinforcements. It sounded really really good and I thought everyone one here was full of it.. Yeeeahh. That only lasted a few weeks before I got that first annoying buzz.. now its pretty bad (I have the most annoying buzz in my passenger door that some songs have become completely off limits) and I'm a deadening. So if you can, I'd recommend giving your speakers the best environment possible right off the bat.

I love some spray foam
Yup expanding foam does wonders. I did the insides of my quarter panels, hatch and everywhere else I could get it. Then I used it to basically glue on the panels of my interior. No rattles and very solid. Also used ratchet straps to tie my rear seats to my hatchback, pulling them together so they don't move. That helped big time. Gonna do the same from the inside of the roof down to the sub box to help with roof flex. When standing next to car can barely tell the music is on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.