The Sub Decision

Well I've been doing a little more thinking....I may have to up the budget...I'm really tempted to do a single 15" SSA Evil on 3500....sealed off firing forward in the trunk..
That is an excellent idea. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if it were me I would do 2 icon 15's, you technically have the room, even tho there is less motor force and less wattage, the extra cone area may make up for it, you spend the same on subs and a little less on the amp bassed on power, box is bigger, pro's and cons both way's, it's all up to where you want to go with it, either way you will be sounding good as long as the box and port is right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

if it were me I would do 2 icon 15's, you technically have the room, even tho there is less motor force and less wattage, the extra cone area may make up for it, you spend the same on subs and a little less on the amp bassed on power, box is bigger, pro's and cons both way's, it's all up to where you want to go with it, either way you will be sounding good as long as the box and port is right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
Thanks for making this even more difficult! Haha I'm actually like 99% sure I'm going to up my budget---struggling between SQ4500 & BC3500...Too many options, all I know is Ive never had anything over 1000w RMS and I want this to be insanely louder and lower than anything ive done before... check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLixX0hcjgI

Thanks for making this even more difficult! Haha I'm actually like 99% sure I'm going to up my budget---struggling between SQ4500 & BC3500...Too many options, all I know is Ive never had anything over 1000w RMS and I want this to be insanely louder and lower than anything ive done before... check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLixX0hcjgI
banda 7k tbh i have a team aa 15 on one and its perfect, but might be too much for the evil although they're great subs made by fi afaik

you can get a banda 7k used for the price youll be paying for a nendo or sq amp

banda 7k tbh i have a team aa 15 on one and its perfect, but might be too much for the evil although they're great subs made by fi afaik
you can get a banda 7k used for the price youll be paying for a nendo or sq amp
I like where your head is at haha however wouldnt this require a lot more in electrical upgrades??

On a site note, hows that Team AA? They look nice, im very curious how they sound and play lows.

I like where your head is at haha however wouldnt this require a lot more in electrical upgrades??
On a site note, hows that Team AA? They look nice, im very curious how they sound and play lows.
one of my favorite subs so far, plays lows pretty good for being tuned to 35, i play 25 without any issue

ive got the banda on two 34/78's and a 200a + a 130a alternator (about 190a at idle) and a bank of maxwell caps. i never hit below 13 anymore lol, used to touch mid 11s no problem

one 300a+ hairpin with 2 batts, maybe even one, and a bank of caps will be plenty for you imo

ive dc clamped current draw peaking around 300-350a but mostly 250

That is an excellent idea. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I want to go with SSA for sure! I think my problem is I want it fast but at the same time I want something I wont want to replace for a long time!

With that being said....what are your thoughts on 2 12" Zcons on a SQ4500.1 tuned to 30hz sealed firing forward from my trunk? Im stuck on that or the Single EVIL on 3875w.

I want to go with SSA for sure! I think my problem is I want it fast but at the same time I want something I wont want to replace for a long time!With that being said....what are your thoughts on 2 12" Zcons on a SQ4500.1 tuned to 30hz sealed firing forward from my trunk? Im stuck on that or the Single EVIL on 3875w.
That would be awesome if you went SSA. The pair of 12" Zcons will have a little more cone area than a single 15" Evil. They will also have a little less power compression as that power is shared across two coils/motors.

Their sounds signatures are a little different. The Zcon is very intense with pin point pressure, the Evil is very bottom end heavy that moves gobs of air.

That would be awesome if you went SSA. The pair of 12" Zcons will have a little more cone area than a single 15" Evil. They will also have a little less power compression as that power is shared across two coils/motors. 

Their sounds signatures are a little different. The Zcon is very intense with pin point pressure, the Evil is very bottom end heavy that moves gobs of air.
Dang, I wish I could hear them so bad...I listen to rap 90% of the time, and the decaf/bass remastered stuff..and I want to really move some air....Hair tricks or mini hair tricks would be awesome. Ive never had any sort of Upscale sound system so its hard to decide.

At the same time that feeling of being punched in the chest is awesome...

Dang, I wish I could hear them so bad...I listen to rap 90% of the time, and the decaf/bass remastered stuff..and I want to really move some air....Hair tricks or mini hair tricks would be awesome. Ive never had any sort of Upscale sound system so its hard to decide.
At the same time that feeling of being punched in the chest is awesome...
The either option will do that for sure.

The either option will do that for sure.
Fine, you talked me into it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am set on the Zcon 12s now! I think I have almost everything nailed down too...

Going to get a 240 alternator from mechman, a XS D3100, SQ 4500.1, going to start with 100SQFT of 120mil deadener, all ofc wiring, hmm but now the most important is box design.

If you want hair tricks I would go 4.75 cubes tuned to 30hz with about 18in^2 of port per cube. Since this is your firsts high power system I will stress that you keep an eye on you voltage and make sure you aren't clipping the signal. The more power you run the faster things can go wrong.

If you want hair tricks I would go 4.75 cubes tuned to 30hz with about 18in^2 of port per cube. Since this is your firsts high power system I will stress that you keep an eye on you voltage and make sure you aren't clipping the signal. The more power you run the faster things can go wrong.
Thats a lot of port area...

4.75 x 18 is 85.5 sq inches of port area which is more in the lines of how much port area an 18 needs.

Thats a lot of port area...
4.75 x 18 is 85.5 sq inches of port area which is more in the lines of how much port area an 18 needs.
For hair tricks you want to move air. The average us 16 inches square per cube and I've run up to 20. Problem is the more port you run the more peaky and bandwidth restrictive the box becomes. At least in my experience. Size of sub never had a effect on port area in my experience. Yes high excursion subs handle more port better than low excursion subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.