The Sub Decision

I'm going to imagine you want it loud but to sound good. What car you have what's the dimensions. Just picking a woofer based on the woofers response doesn't always lead to what your looking for.
32" W x 15" H x 35"/42" D

Looks like you have plenty space. Make sure you can actually fit it in the trunk. I'd probably go with the icons personally. They are made to sound good and have plenty of excursion capabilities

Looks like you have plenty space. Make sure you can actually fit it in the trunk. I'd probably go with the icons personally. They are made to sound good and have plenty of excursion capabilities
Awesome! Now i need to also decide on one last thing.... the Box! Trying to determine if I go all out and seal it-fire forward; Or just go with the sub and port back.

How much power you gonna run ?
As of now the Crescendo BC2000D, seems like the best value option for 2000-2500w range.

If you don't mind having it down when you're playing it, firing forward sealed off is usually loudest.
Yeah I dont mind at all, I think my questions around firing forward are- a) Does it cause permanent damage to the vehicle? b) Am I running enough power for it

I think the ssa subs will be your best bet here
Thank you for your input! The loudest system I ever had was only 1000watts on a DD 15" in a terrible box. I'm really stoked and I'm hoping this is a major improvement, although i hit a 139.9 with it.

Well there will be more to it than just adding subs and a amp. You'll need a correctly built and tuned box with a good electrical
Certainly so! Ill be upgrading my alternator to the Mechman 240 and grabbing an extra battery, should do well!

Yes, the box design is something I am going to wrap my head around next... I still don't quite understand how the size, port size, and tuning completely effects the sound...from what I can find 30hz, 32hz, and 35hz seem to be all great options. I mostly listen to rap and I have about 2500 decaf and other remixed tracks I want to have fun with.

If you are capable of building the box in the trunk. Bergen a single 15 might be the ticket but from your measurements the dual 12s will be good to. The difference. Is the single 15 will take a bit smaller box. But will need to be taller

Well I've been doing a little more thinking....I may have to up the budget...I'm really tempted to do a single 15" SSA Evil on 3500....sealed off firing forward in the trunk..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.