The Sub Decision

Chllngr

AR
Well unless someone can persuade otherwise me I'm going with the BC2250 amp, and I need to make a choice on woofer(s)! Help me decide!

(1) 2 12" Sundown SAs

(2) 2 12" SSA Icons

(3) 1 15" SSA Zcon

(4) 1 15" Sundown Zv3

I have a dodge challenger, but I will not seal it and fire it forward. Taking that into account what do you all suggest? Thanks for your input!

I want to get as loud as possible within my constraints but I also want a little sq..I listen to rap mainly and I'd love to be able to play the decaf tracks....in the past I've had a DD3515, MTX 7515, and alpine type r's. Unfortunately I never had a great box built so none of them ever really did what I wanted..

I would do the 2 Icons (great sub and well priced ).

There also efficient which is good if you don't plan on blowing much money on electrical upgrades since you won't be running true power on the amplifier

It's fair to say the 2 12s would be a smidge louder. If you wanted abit more output I think you could do better with a pair of fi bl 12s

Out of the list with 1kw probably the icons..

the bl's and icons are nearly identical subs, I said icons because they are on the list, plus by the time you price the options out on the bl you will be at more money, both subs are great, I have 2 old triple stack btl's and love em, was looking at doing a set of icons when I put the wife jeep back to sq.

I would do the 2 Icons (great sub and well priced ).
There also efficient which is good if you don't plan on blowing much money on electrical upgrades since you won't be running true power on the amplifier
Yes, I'll be upgrading my alternator to the Mechman 240. And if extra batteries are needed after I'll have no problem upgrading.

Wanting to just get as loud as possible with as much SQ Given my $3K budget for everything

Loud as sq are different. With sq, you want to keep group delay as possible you want the widest possible bandwidth.also to keep Distortion down as low as possible so naturally you want woofer design with low Distortion in mind.

For spl you want something that's very efficient, very picky and an alignement that is very peaky.

Okay, thank you for the clarification!! That helps me understand what I'm asking for then...In that case, I want as much SPL...Im willing to spend ~$600 on woofer(s). You guys still think Icons?

I'm going to imagine you want it loud but to sound good. What car you have what's the dimensions. Just picking a woofer based on the woofers response doesn't always lead to what your looking for.

Yes, you've read my mind... I have a 2012 Dodge challenger, I'll have to go out and measure. its got 16.2cf all together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.