The Chase for 160+dB Demos // Team Alphard Audio USA

Thanks man. We're super excited for it to be done for this weekend.
Yes, we have plans for it cosmetically in the offseason. Seats have been talked about, but they are super expensive if done right.
funny you mention expensive in a build like this haha no i get it though

Also cool seeing it almost complete, doors looking good

I like that sticker on the roof, and thats cool you like them on the windows, but i personally prefer the clean sleeper look, where there's no stickers and you'd never know haha all great anyways, definitely post some vids when finished

Doors are starting to come together. They need a lot of beauty work, but I think we'll be ready for Saturday haha
ktH13Sf.jpg
Would you go into a little detail on how these were done? I see the wood panel was used to attach the speaker rings. Then I assume a router was used to make the cutouts. What else has gone into them?

funny you mention expensive in a build like this haha no i get it though
Also cool seeing it almost complete, doors looking good

I like that sticker on the roof, and thats cool you like them on the windows, but i personally prefer the clean sleeper look, where there's no stickers and you'd never know haha all great anyways, definitely post some vids when finished
Thanks man, I'll post a vid in a bit

Would you go into a little detail on how these were done? I see the wood panel was used to attach the speaker rings. Then I assume a router was used to make the cutouts. What else has gone into them?
Yes, so we ordered rings from DS Woodworx. We then cut a flat wood piece (1/4" MDF) to the shape of the panel. We then attached the rings directly onto the panel. No pegs were used. From there, we used a flush trim bit to cut the 1/4" MDF to the exact size of the rings. Please see the pics below:

XAz6c54.jpg

CM2Pcu1.jpg

We then bolted the panel/ring assembly onto the door panel. We secured it with I believe 8 bolts and nuts. We then removed trim pieces we didn't want to goof up - especially the window and lock buttons. Then it was a matter of stretching fleece tight around the rings to the back side of the panel. Then add a lot of resin and some mat. Tons of sanding, body filler, sand, body filler, sand and now we are ready for paint or carpet etc.

Doing some testing before the show tomorrow. Doors will be strengthened and panels installed today. (6) Alphard Audio Deaf Bonce DB4-15s (3) Taramps 15ks (4) 250a billet hairpin US Alternators [in safe mode in this vid] (15) JuiceBox Black Cherries

What are the plans to increase score. Shorten port? Shrink box? Did you meter with the seats in? Adding the door panels should help a little.

Cool you got it done man im sure it hits so ******* hard, just sat in a car today with 8 15s on 40k it was rediculous and I'm sure this sounds about the same, I literally had to get out if the car because it felt way too rediculous like I literally thought I was gonna pass out

That voltage though!!!! Awesome build. Got me itching to start mine tomorrow lol but myself a year lol. 8 ethos 15s maybe 18s if I can fit them In afourth order(3:1)on 4 Taramps 10ks. Got about same goals you got. 160s on music stretching to 165

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AlphaBlazer was a hit at the show this past Saturday. Even though we ran into some tensioner/idler issues early in the morning - which forced us to have the engine shut off under load - we still dished out some pretty violent demos. That extra voltage with the alts going sure would have helped in the lanes, but we still did alright considering we were on batt power the whole time.

Through qualifying and finals on legal sealed on the dash:

159.5 @ 36hz

159.6 @ 36hz

159.7 @ 37hz

Hopefully going from 12.8v to 14.8v when we get the belt issues fixed will put us well beyond the 160 mark. Anyways, here's a video of some pretty good demos.

So what belt/pully issue are you having?
As you can see in the vid, the alts and belt work just fine at idle. However, once a load is put on the belt, the bushings that came with our alt kit essentially lock up and cause the engine to excessively bog - much much more than your average bog. The biggest issue is that when the bushings seize, the belt just spins and gets stupid hot - to the point where the belt smokes under the hood making it look like something is on fire. So to avoid any severe issues, we'd give demos on batt power and then start the car and let the alts charge up the batts for about 10 minutes. The alts charged up our depleted bank of 15 group 31s within seconds. Alts are strong as hell. We just need to swap bushings for different idler pulleys and tensioners.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Wow. Very impressed sir with your build. Something for me to look up to. Hat of to you.
Thanks a bunch man. Receiving love like that makes the late night worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.