The Chase for 160+dB Demos // Team Alphard Audio USA

So we're back from World Finals. I'm very happy with how everything panned out this past weekend. Give me a little bit to update this thread with all of the good things that happened.
Congrats on finding your goal. Makes all those long hours of hard work feel much more worthwhile I'm sure.

Finals was a blast - even though we had to tow the Alpha 14 hours. Our little Utah squad consisted of the Alpha and our good buddies that are psychlone monsters (we'll talk about them a little later). We went in a little worried because we hadn't done so hot in the lanes in a few events prior plus there are some monsters in Extreme No Limit - but ANYTHING can happen at finals! Once we got to Cali, we set up our little area.

UDqArM4.jpg

We shelled out dozens and dozens of demos... I can't thank our team and supporting companies enough... We demoed on batt power literally ALL DAY... If you come across anybody that was at the Cali location at Finals, ask them... The only time we had the engine on was to charge up the batts in between demos... Alphard Audio are just studs and make some insane equipment... Taramps 15ks held up like bosses and had zero issues under strenuous conditions... US Alternators have done an amazing job with support and help plus some big boy alts that charge our bank right back up in seconds... JuiceBox for their studly Black Cherries that dished out power throughout the whole day... and lastly our little team in Utah that built a demo rig that does everything we ask it to do... BUT WE WILL RETURN LOUDER NEXT YEAR

When everything settled, we finished 6th in dB Drag in the No Limit class. Not the best finish, but hey, we got some Finals hardware under our belts! We also won Best in Show for our demos and crowd favorite. We were stoked about that!

Our other buddies did amazing... They took 2nd in Psychlone with the highest composite score (155.3dB @ 20hz on music 30 second average) absolute monsters with a 93 RTA score. They were the loudest and lowest in the world, but unfortunately lost to a higher RTA score... They'll improve that for next year.

hQi5Nlr.jpg

Then we had to make the drive home //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Two very heavy 160+dB cars don't like the snow haha - but we made it home safely!

1BsD84P.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.