What does it take to hit 160dB at 20hz?

That's pretty cool.

Iirc it’s 16 x 4000w amps on 8 DD Z’s.

I ran my pair of 9.1’s strapped at 1.4 ohms and always liked it; my box was a little big for only 1.4 ohms strapped sometimes (DC 1.4’s). I had ran them both ways, both worked, but I never competed, really. I’m a music and lows dude. I have customers with bigger systems that prefer to gain match rather than strap.

‘The ZVL is a multi amplifier synching module designed to allow a user to link, strap, and tune the preamps of multiple amplifiers from a single module for precision control of large mobile audio systems.‘

Thanks man. I did have a MaxxLink but sold it to Jim on here a couple years ago, as he needed for a vehicle in a DB dragg build out

Just sell them and buy one amp.
After a point this becomes impractical. The 13K full bridge amps for example are often more than double the cost of a pair of 8"s.
Add or subtract a sub and make it more user friendly. I've still yet to see somebody running their system that way.
This is how I have my 4 wired and how I set gains and gain matching took under 5 minutes and wiring the woofers is no more or less time consuming than any other arrangement. Add a 5th or 6th or 7th sub and it would just be a matter of wiring one coil from each sub to amp A and 1 coil to amp B.

After a point this becomes impractical. The 13K full bridge amps for example are often more than double the cost of a pair of 8"s.

This is how I have my 4 wired and how I set gains and gain matching took under 5 minutes and wiring the woofers is no more or less time consuming than any other arrangement. Add a 5th or 6th or 7th sub and it would just be a matter of wiring one coil from each sub to amp A and 1 coil to amp B.

You can buy an MD 12K for the price of two MD5K's. Just buy one amp and have 2,000 more watts. It's also easier and more space saver friendly to mount one amp. It's funny that you say that I'm overpowering my subs. The most that I've ever clamped is about 2,350 watts. That's only 590 watts per sub and they are rated to take 600 watts rms.

You can buy an MD 12K for the price of two MD5K's
Cool. If it came with a 2 year warranty from an authorized repair shop less than 30 miles away from me I might consider buying a few.
That's only 590 watts per sub and they are rated to take 600 watts rms.

You reckon there's a connection between that and you not making a thread asking why you melted your coils?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...