The Chase for 160+dB Demos // Team Alphard Audio USA

You mention bushings in the idler pulleys. Why don't they use bearings? Great job on the build. I don't think i've seen something this extensive and well documented in a while.

thats stupid, keep it symmetrical
As much as I don't like papermaker, I agree that loading on one side is better for metering.

I have my build symmetrical this time though, so it's evenly loud on both sides.

Port on the opposite side of the vehicle where the meter is at is what works best

Exactly, better for metering, but retarded for listening and enjoying music, that's going to make one side louder than the other right? Sacrificing that for a higher number is just plain retarded in my opinion, speakers are meant for music, not digital numbers on a screen

Shining the port won't help efficeny. Loading the drivers side is the best option.More power see.s to be the best way with those woofers.

Is your tuning exactly as calculaulated.
Power and break in is about all we can do now at this point. We actually are .5db louder completely sealed up opposed to outlaw. Right now we're stuck at a 160.7db @ 37hz legal sealed. Still waiting on some increased voltage and mainly just some break in.

Boys, let us not forget that the purpose of this build was to shell out some 160 demos. We're pretty close to 160 on music and it's an awesome demo car. I don't think we'll come close to our stretch goals, but our original goals are still attainable with time and tweaks. The top symmetrical port was decided from the get because we wanted a musical demo monster. I think we've done a pretty good job with that. We're not at the numbers we wanted, but again, they will come with time. Just the small things over the past week have allowed us to burp consistently above a 160.5db where we couldn't do that. With time this build will get louder.

Exactly, better for metering, but retarded for listening and enjoying music, that's going to make one side louder than the other right? Sacrificing that for a higher number is just plain retarded in my opinion, speakers are meant for music, not digital numbers on a screen
Asymmetry doesn't mean it's bad for listening to daily //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

you've obviously never had the feeling of being stuck at a 149 or 159 db bro. Just that 1 db more gets you into the club and it destroys you inside for not getting it. Its only slightly louder on the other side but in general you are still hearing 157-158 db in the driver side with his setup if he does right side port. Thats still plenty loud for daily driving unless you want to destroy your ear drums.

Also its just THAT much more impressive when you demo your setup to other people full tilt.

you've obviously never had the feeling of being stuck at a 149 or 159 db bro. Just that 1 db more gets you into the club and it destroys you inside for not getting it. Its only slightly louder on the other side but in general you are still hearing 157-158 db in the driver side with his setup if he does right side port. Thats still plenty loud for daily driving unless you want to destroy your ear drums.
Also its just THAT much more impressive when you demo your setup to other people full tilt.
Yeah I actually just sat in a suburban recently 8 15s on 40000 watts in a 4th order with the giant port on driver side. It was rediculous in passenger seat. I guess I see what you're saying, seems like we should just ignore that and enjoy it as is but whatever, I personally just think it's cool to experience the exact same thing as the passenger but that's just me I guess. It's not like this dudes system as is isn't loud, you'd have to be nuts to say that

Yeah I actually just sat in a suburban recently 8 15s on 40000 watts in a 4th order with the giant port on driver side. It was rediculous in passenger seat. I guess I see what you're saying, seems like we should just ignore that and enjoy it as is but whatever, I personally just think it's cool to experience the exact same thing as the passenger but that's just me I guess. It's not like this dudes system as is isn't loud, you'd have to be nuts to say that
easy trick is to have your window up and passenger window down and you focus the pressure on the driver side so that would definitely even things out spl wise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.