System keeps killing my battery.. need some advice.. PLEASE!

Pretty normal setting/resting voltage..Look into getting that BIG3 done on your current battery before you replace it,may be just fine,may not.If not, replace the batt for the agm, with that big3 done, and be sure to turn everything off before you shut the vehicle down, and you should be just fine.Read up/you tube the BIG3.it will help your voltage regulation/needs compared that of STOCK..Turn that switch off before shutting down also.
Is the Big 3 extremely simple or would it be beneficial to have it done by my mechanic when he just swaps batteries? As I said, I'm not the most knowledgeable guy with cars. Thank you so much for your help so far

That's a good idea, and most likely my best bet. Should I have my mechanic do that, or bring it to an audio store? I don't want to risk doing myself as I would probably only mess it up further and complicate things
You can do it yourself,or with help.Ask questions, or even research for yourself to save some money.Amp supply from batt ,ground wire,rcas,and remote wire to hu, and wires to speakers..Sounds simple,to some it is not.You can go to 12v.com, and look at wiring diagrams for easy /simple installation process.You can run the wiring yourself,and learn as well,rather than shelling out Hundreds of $$$$s on installing basics.But that is up to you if you are uncertain on how to do.There may be someone cl;ose to youn that could help that is on this Forum as well.You could run a Help thread for your location,fore an experienced Forum member to help you out

Is the Big 3 extremely simple or would it be beneficial to have it done by my mechanic when he just swaps batteries? As I said, I'm not the most knowledgeable guy with cars. Thank you so much for your help so far
A good respectable/honest mechanic,should be able to do your Big 3 in 15 min while replacing the battery,as long as he has the wiring ready.You can buy a BIG 3 kit on this forum pretty reasonably price3d/shipped, ready to install..and can be removed/transfered from vehicle to vehicle,as long as the wiring is still good/in most cases,they are,so its not a ONE time buy for just that vehicle,you should be able to reuse on most if the wiring is long enough,,,,so money is well spent on this upgrade for any vehicle.I believe @mylows10 has kits available ready to be installed, and possibly others on this forum

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Awesome. Thank you so much man, I really appreciate all your help! I'll see if I can find a buddy that doesn't mind doin it for me
Its just 3 wires,Thats it

I would remove the amp, and wire everything properly,so there are no surprises,and that you know exactly where all your wires are at.Sure its a PITA,but Assuring,and most effective,and most of all...DONE RIGHT/PROPERLY+
This ^^^^

Alright sweet, thank you! I will def look into it. The guy I bought it from actually installed a switch right near the steering wheel to turn the amp on/off for the purpose of killing the subs quickly around cops..etc. I don't know why I didn't realize it but could that possibly be the problem? The amp is still draining the battery after the car is off?
This is your problem I bet he rigged the switch to the remote wire so basically I bet your amp is staying on thus draingig your battery I have two optima batts and I had my amp rigged directly to the battery one time as a temporary solvant to an issue I was having but if I forgot to pull it when the car was off id come out of workn and both my batts would be shot.

I say to fix your problem you should just re-run the remote wire properly

This is your problem I bet he rigged the switch to the remote wire so basically I bet your amp is staying on thus draingig your battery I have two optima batts and I had my amp rigged directly to the battery one time as a temporary solvant to an issue I was having but if I forgot to pull it when the car was off id come out of workn and both my batts would be shot.
I say to fix your problem you should just re-run the remote wire properly
Yeah I was just texting the guy and he said that If the switch is left on, the amp will remain on and draining the battery even if car is off. So if I get a slightly higher powered battery and ensure to flip the switch off every time.. or just redo all the wiring.. it should take care of the problems correct?

Yeah I was just texting the guy and he said that If the switch is left on, the amp will remain on and draining the battery even if car is off. So if I get a slightly higher powered battery and ensure to flip the switch off every time.. or just redo all the wiring.. it should take care of the problems correct?
Just traded my 04 Mustang 3.8L off not too long ago and the big 3 is very simple to do on those.Just do that and do away with the switch and rerun your remote wire.Doubt you'll have any problems with it then.Good luck.

Just traded my 04 Mustang 3.8L off not too long ago and the big 3 is very simple to do on those.Just do that and do away with the switch and rerun your remote wire.Doubt you'll have any problems with it then.Good luck.
Alright sweet. Thank you for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.