System keeps killing my battery.. need some advice.. PLEASE!

EGordon_

So I'm running 2 12inch subs in the trunk from a Sony Xplod 1200W amp. For some reason it keeps killing my battery and I've been doing research all morning.

My alternator is aftermarket and puts out 200 amps.

Battery just got replaced and is an interstate battery.. pic attached.

What I drew from my research is that I obviously need a stronger battery, and a two battery set up with an isolator would be my best bet.. as the strong alternator should be able to handle all that.

Please let me know what you guys think or any advice!

View attachment 26543934

View attachment 26543933

I don't believe so.. I bought the car off a guy about 2 weeks ago with the system all hooked up so I am not entirely sure. Big 3 would fix that problem without the need of a second battery + isolator?

I brought it to advanced auto parts the other day and he said that the only way to prevent battery dying is second batt + iso.. I am not the most knowledgable with cars so I've been trying to inform myself through research the best I can

I don't believe so.. I bought the car off a guy about 2 weeks ago with the system all hooked up so I am not entirely sure. Big 3 would fix that problem without the need of a second battery + isolator?
If you have the big three done, and the 200 amp alt as you say you have, and a decent battery(perferb.a min of an Orileys AGM batt)You shouldnt have ANY ISSUES With that kind of supply demand

If you have the big three done, and the 200 amp alt as you say you have, and a decent battery(perferb.a min of an Orileys AGM batt)You shouldnt have ANY ISSUES With that kind of supply demand
That's reassuring. So is the battery current equipped up to par or should I return/replace ? Big 3 should fix issue of battery dying?

That's reassuring. So is the battery current equipped up to par or should I return/replace ? Big 3 should fix issue of battery dying?
That battery is actually too small im my opinion for anything over 600rms

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

What vehicle is it??

That battery is actually too small im my opinion for anything over 600rms 

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

What vehicle is it??
2003 Ford Mustang, 3.8L v6.

What should the min. battery size/power I should be looking for have? Any specific suggestions/brands?

Make sure something isn't screwy with the remote wire..say the amp isn't shutting off like It is supposed to..

You mean your vehicle dies when not in use right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.