System keeps killing my battery.. need some advice.. PLEASE!

In my truck, Ive been running for approx 2yrs now with Cadence 0ga BIG 3,and 0ga amp supply,no issues,Excellent warranty on the batts..3yrws free replacement,and 4yrs prorated afterwards from my warranty info.I modified the stock batt in the Honda for this full sized batt with 4ga big three running close to 2k daily..no issues

Make sure something isn't screwy with the remote wire..say the amp isn't shutting off like It is supposed to..
You mean your vehicle dies when not in use right?
Yes. It runs perfectly fine and performs great while driving and then when I go to start is later that day, it's got no juice

Super Start® Platinum 78PLT - AGM Battery | O'Reilly Auto PartsI run two of these in my truck w 200 amp alt on 4k,and one in my honda crv with big3 stock alt on approx 2k with ELD bypass
Alright sweet, thank you! I will def look into it. The guy I bought it from actually installed a switch right near the steering wheel to turn the amp on/off for the purpose of killing the subs quickly around cops..etc. I don't know why I didn't realize it but could that possibly be the problem? The amp is still draining the battery after the car is off?

Alright sweet, thank you! I will def look into it. The guy I bought it from actually installed a switch right near the steering wheel to turn the amp on/off for the purpose of killing the subs quickly around cops..etc. I don't know why I didn't realize it but could that possibly be the problem? The amp is still draining the battery after the car is off?
Im not clear/or cannot see how it is wired,but more than likely,it is good practice to turn everything to the off position before turning the vehicle to the off position

Im not clear/or cannot see how it is wired,but more than likely,it is good practice to turn everything to the off position before turning the vehicle to the off position
Hmmm maybe that is my problem, coupled with the underpowered battery. If I get a stronger battery, and keep the switch off before turning my car off maybe that would do the trick.

I would remove the amp, and wire everything properly,so there are no surprises,and that you know exactly where all your wires are at.Sure its a PITA,but Assuring,and most effective,and most of all...DONE RIGHT/PROPERLY+

I would remove the amp, and wire everything properly,so there are no surprises,and that you know exactly where all your wires are at.Sure its a PITA,but Assuring,and most effective,and most of all...DONE RIGHT/PROPERLY+
That's a good idea, and most likely my best bet. Should I have my mechanic do that, or bring it to an audio store? I don't want to risk doing myself as I would probably only mess it up further and complicate things

12.87 if I'm reading this correctly.. with a drain test result of 1.18A
Pretty normal setting/resting voltage..Look into getting that BIG3 done on your current battery before you replace it,may be just fine,may not.If not, replace the batt for the agm, with that big3 done, and be sure to turn everything off before you shut the vehicle down, and you should be just fine.Read up/you tube the BIG3.it will help your voltage regulation/needs compared that of STOCK..Turn that switch off before shutting down also.

I would just disconnect the ground to your amp in the meantime and see if you can start the car a few times
The amp has an on/off switch by the wheel and I have had it off for the past 3 days. Car has run perfectly fine with no problems to the battery whatsoever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.