Output Transistors on Kenwood Amp Kac-9105D

Participant count
  • Participant list

leamprotan

Canada
Hey Does anyone know the part number of the output transistors on a kenwood kac-9105d 1800w amp? I wasnt getting any output so I opened up my amp to find scorched transistors there are 5 in parallel and I was looking to order 5 new ones to replace it and see if it would once again work. The only problem is I can't figure out the part number off these little transitors I know they are ST transistors.

Could someone help me out with a link to buy new ones or the part # so I can order them?

The ones that are blown open look like they may be power supply fets and not output fets. Your pics aren't clear enough for me to see the part numbers on them though. Try wiping a little bit of that white heatsink compound behind the fets on the face of one of them and then wipe it back off. It should help you make out the numbers on the face of the transistor. Try that and post or PM me everything you see on one of those five fets(actually there is most likely six. The one just to the left of the five in that group is most likely also a power supply fet)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.