street max build on the CHEAP!!!

Now thats a port
i love to biuld big. i find less box rise with more port and box size,.. but lowers power capability.

im gonna have to stop building untill monday at least. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i love to biuld big. i find less box rise with more port and box size,.. but lowers power capability.
im gonna have to stop building untill monday at least. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Yup lose a lil woofer control but i love wind tunnels

yeah his name is will lievers. he has a suzuki swift that won the national championship 2012 in street max with a 156-157 i believe. 2 18s in his wall. rip rock knows how to get loud for sure. that dude is nuts.
I don't think I can beat Will.. actually I'm kinda interested to see how he stacked those 18's in there and still made his box any more then 2 layers thick, cuz I think I seen him at FX audio 2011 August... I think? lol and I know there's not a whole lot of room.. I was struggling with getting 32" box hight

so I had planned on getting back to work on this thing today. . but just haven't got the time.

Amps are supposed to be here today but nothing yet?

was really trying to hunt down a termlab or spl labs.. we'll see what happens.

I leave for work out of town on the 29th so I was hoping to have everything figured out by then.

ok so im finding hard to get motivated when this is what my house looks like!

20130123_140107.jpg

its probably also a good reason why my amps havent arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:
well despite all the snow and cold, the amps arrived today. I was nervous about the condition they could have arrived in givin they were shipped across the country and crossing the boarder but they showed up in mint shape.

as for progress. . I didn't do anything until the amps showed up then I started running power wire to the back.

and on a sde note, I have been in contact with George at atomic and will be getting 4 of the AP 8" for my daily driver. . just need to find another amp cuz don't think my 1600 watt Harrison HLABS will push them that well with the coil configuration.

and on a sde note, I have been in contact with George at atomic and will be getting 4 of the AP 8" for my daily driver. . just need to find another amp cuz don't think my 1600 watt Harrison HLABS will push them that well with the coil configuration.
ok so I just picked up a crescendo 3kwp to really push those atomic apocalypse 8's, which by the way I ordered.

all this spending money and I still don't have a meter or a XS POWER 3100D... WTF?

so i just checked the tuning on this box, and its peaking just where i want it at 56hz. i hooked up to a small amp and only ran 160 watts clamped and man was it loud!

i did see some serious port flexing.. but that will be taken care of with the 3/8 steel threaded rod i already picked up.

i still have to put in a few 45's in the corners and that should bring up the tuning a little more.. shooting for 60hz cuz that's the max i can go in db drags... ps. the cars res. freq. was like 68hz

tomorrow im gonna work on soldering the power wire terminals. now i really hate soldering power wire, ive been taught that a proper crimp is always better because solder adds resistance to the line, maybe a small amount but some.

i think with 3 runs of power wire that size it should'nt make a difference, so for this time ONLY im gonna solder.

let me know what your opinions on solder vs crimping are.

what are you going to do about alternators.... 6k on a whimpy 80 amp alt doesn't sound good to me :p

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

and btw i love this build too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

what are you going to do about alternators.... 6k on a whimpy 80 amp alt doesn't sound good to me :p 

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

and btw i love this build too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
well im going to be competing in street max and this is not a daily driver, so during a show it will only be doing short 3-5 second burps. so as for upgrading the alternator it is...

1) not aloud in this class

2) only benefit is charging in between runs as car must be turned off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.