Started the demo car build.

Question, how was the amp mounted? I haven't experienced it myself and I'm not sure how true it is, but Brazilian full bridge amps are alot more prone to vibration damage. I took some CCF and put it between the amp and the mounting surface just to be safe.

Matt

Amps are in the trunk totally away from the enclosure. They are mounted on a solid amp rack with 1/2” spacers to raise them up for better cooling. I can ditch the spacers but doubt it will make a difference. I’m sure I just got a dud is all 🥺. From my peek inside the amp, I’d be willing to bet the transformer next to the mosfet that blew shorted out.

Here is a pic of where I believe the short happened.

Attachments

• CCD25A5D-1C62-4045-8FFF-AD48D0467A59.jpeg
    CCD25A5D-1C62-4045-8FFF-AD48D0467A59.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 41
Question, how was the amp mounted? I haven't experienced it myself and I'm not sure how true it is, but Brazilian full bridge amps are alot more prone to vibration damage. I took some CCF and put it between the amp and the mounting surface just to be safe.

Matt
You're posting this on the 9th page of his build log. You can see where it is mounted and that should not be the issue.

The new smart 5k showed up late today but I got it in! First thing I noticed is the fan is always on which wasn’t the case on the first one! The first one I stopped half way during my ride to check it and no fans where on. This one the fans are on all the time and it keeps it nice and cool even after an hour of me pounding away! I actually finally bounced it off the clipping light! These 15’s blur your vision and rattle the snot out of your brain lol. The low notes are absolutely violent! The windshield moves like a sub cone lol. These things are stupid clean ported no matter what I played on them. No bs these can definitely pass the sq test for any picky listener and believe me I’ve always been an SQ guy first! I’m gonna run this version this season and next season I may do a pair on Ti frames with a winding width bump up to push xmax to 40mm one way mathematically calculated. I’ll also do an upgraded motor which adds about 20 pounds of weight to the subs and will use the original cones I wanted to. They are heavier which will trade off some efficiency but with this power they will still be perfect! I only managed to get the dust caps warm to the touch. The cdt’s sound amazing and while the phase plugs did get warm, they are taking 1200w rms like a champ! Tomorrow I’ll get some videos so stay tuned 😈. I have no choice to take the videos with windows down and sunroof open. It flexes way to much if I leave everything closed. While I have no issue with breaking glass I prefer to do something like that with a crowd around lol. I’m sure in one of the local meet ups it will happen and hopefully I get it on video 😂🤣.

The new smart 5k showed up late today but I got it in! First thing I noticed is the fan is always on which wasn’t the case on the first one! The first one I stopped half way during my ride to check it and no fans where on. This one the fans are on all the time and it keeps it nice and cool even after an hour of me pounding away! I actually finally bounced it off the clipping light! These 15’s blur your vision and rattle the snot out of your brain lol. The low notes are absolutely violent! The windshield moves like a sub cone lol. These things are stupid clean ported no matter what I played on them. No bs these can definitely pass the sq test for any picky listener and believe me I’ve always been an SQ guy first! I’m gonna run this version this season and next season I may do a pair on Ti frames with a winding width bump up to push xmax to 40mm one way mathematically calculated. I’ll also do an upgraded motor which adds about 20 pounds of weight to the subs and will use the original cones I wanted to. They are heavier which will trade off some efficiency but with this power they will still be perfect! I only managed to get the dust caps warm to the touch. The cdt’s sound amazing and while the phase plugs did get warm, they are taking 1200w rms like a champ! Tomorrow I’ll get some videos so stay tuned 😈. I have no choice to take the videos with windows down and sunroof open. It flexes way to much if I leave everything closed. While I have no issue with breaking glass I prefer to do something like that with a crowd around lol. I’m sure in one of the local meet ups it will happen and hopefully I get it on video 😂🤣.
Heck yeah bro! Knew that thing would be a beast.

Heck yeah bro! Knew that thing would be a beast.

Thanks! Another plus is the electrical is proving to be solid! No dimming on the head lights and it holds 14.4-14.5v right off the clip light! At idle it will dip on the low 13’s high 12’s if pushed really hard but if it’s just 1500 rpm or above it holds solid!

This is about half way up. Waiting for the wife and some others so I can get some hair trick vids going. It moves a ton of air in the 30’s! I had to shorten the video 😡

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    24.5 MB
I can't imagine you're loud enough to break glass with so little power and cone area.

Still though, glad you're happy, it's nice to enjoy the results of all your hard work. Also the video did load for me for what it's worth.

I hope you are right lol. It’s pretty scary watching the windshield move that much tho 😬. I’ll get some videos of it soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...