Started the demo car build.

Had a few extra minutes today so started mounting stuff to the amp rack. So far just the distro blocks with the power wires for the amps.

Attachments

• 0B1E3859-EAB6-4474-9677-927E29B51E00.jpeg
    0B1E3859-EAB6-4474-9677-927E29B51E00.jpeg
    997.5 KB · Views: 28
Getting the under side of the amp rack nice and clean. Most likely will do an ultra cap bank as well, just pondering it all. Sunday all decisions will be final and I will be getting this all done!

Attachments

• AAF7C0A9-07E4-4752-B2E4-655738700014.jpeg
    AAF7C0A9-07E4-4752-B2E4-655738700014.jpeg
    764.6 KB · Views: 32
Gotta love the staple gun!😁
Same thing I did when I applied material to my box!

The staple gun and cable ties can always make for nice clean wiring. When everything is mounted on, the entire bottom will be clean like that. I’m going to use spacers on the amps so they sit 1/2” above the rack for better cooling. I’m gonna add some fans later on or possibly right away.

The staple gun and cable ties can always make for nice clean wiring. When everything is mounted on, the entire bottom will be clean like that. I’m going to use spacers on the amps so they sit 1/2” above the rack for better cooling. I’m gonna add some fans later on or possibly right away.

I just switched headunits so I would have less wires to deal with, optical FTW!

Speaking of headunits, what headunit are you rocking in this?

Matt

Same, I just happen to have some 1/4” spacers that I think came in a tv mount package that I used to lift my sub amp to get some decent air flow.

I just switched headunits so I would have less wires to deal with, optical FTW!

Speaking of headunits, what headunit are you rocking in this?

Matt

I decided to go with the pioneer DMH-241EX. Never seen one in action yet but looks like a decent unit for the price. I’ll find out soon enough lol. My goal was to keep this build as cost effective as possible so when people demo it, it will be in reach for hopefully most. Imo its not difficult if you have the install expertise and a massive budget to impress those who demo it. When someone asks the cost, I want them to be like no way really lol. There is no deadener in this car, no reinforcing things, no crazy stuff. It’s not really a true wall technically, it’s a box with a plate on top to make it look like a wall lol. If I did it as a true wall built into the car, I could of got another 1.5-2 cubic feet per sub. I would of built 18’s then 😂.

I decided to go with the pioneer DMH-241EX. Never seen one in action yet but looks like a decent unit for the price. I’ll find out soon enough lol. My goal was to keep this build as cost effective as possible so when people demo it, it will be in reach for hopefully most. Imo its not difficult if you have the install expertise and a massive budget to impress those who demo it. When someone asks the cost, I want them to be like no way really lol. There is no deadener in this car, no reinforcing things, no crazy stuff. It’s not really a true wall technically, it’s a box with a plate on top to make it look like a wall lol. If I did it as a true wall built into the car, I could of got another 1.5-2 cubic feet per sub. I would of built 18’s then 😂.
JuSt looked that h/u up on crutchfield. Wow, $200? Not bad other than the 2 volt preouts. I’m sure you have that taken care of though!

Question, so as far as the outputs on the h/u, which do you use to go to the eq? Front?

Of course I wish it had 3 separate inputs but what I do in this case is use the front set from the HU for input. I found 7 band EQ’s with separate inputs but I wanted those 2 extra bands, I had to have them 😂.

HU and second battery should arrive on Thursday. Started the amp rack but had a setback, I got the rona 🥺. Me and the wife got it at the same time on Sunday but are feeling much better now. All this time and we never got it but finally got tainted 😂. My goal is to have this all finished by Saturday.

Attachments

• 5F0093ED-DBF6-4478-8AC7-599C195407D6.jpeg
    5F0093ED-DBF6-4478-8AC7-599C195407D6.jpeg
    822.8 KB · Views: 28
I managed to finish it! Did some tuning to where I got the mids and tweeters to my liking. The midbass is solid in this setup which is what I expected. 4 HD-M6cv run sealed is most definitely gonna do that lol. I need more listening time and tuning to really dive deep.

Now the bass? I slowly started laying into it and my front windshield was moving so bad I pulled it back. I have no problem letting it break but if I’m gonna do that I need it being recorded or I feel it’s a waste lol. Unfortunately during this test I broke both the xover covers I made lol. Gonna make them out if 1/4” acrylic tomorrow. I’ll get some videos and all that good stuff soon. Maybe some hair trick vids as well with some attractive ladies 😈.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...