Started the demo car build.

I managed to finish it! Did some tuning to where I got the mids and tweeters to my liking. The midbass is solid in this setup which is what I expected. 4 HD-M6cv run sealed is most definitely gonna do that lol. I need more listening time and tuning to really dive deep.

Now the bass? I slowly started laying into it and my front windshield was moving so bad I pulled it back. I have no problem letting it break but if I’m gonna do that I need it being recorded or I feel it’s a waste lol. Unfortunately during this test I broke both the xover covers I made lol. Gonna make them out if 1/4” acrylic tomorrow. I’ll get some videos and all that good stuff soon. Maybe some hair trick vids as well with some attractive ladies 😈.
Heck yeah man, can't wait to see some vids.

Here is a pic of the trunk, I just need to put the mount in for the battery. The rods are 1/2” to short lol. The 8ga speaker wire I just gotta pull some of the slack out and that will be done. Gonna start making the new xover covers in a couple hours.

Had some time to get a better feel and do some more tuning. The midbass is solid all around, I had the subs off and you can feel the punch they have. I have them tuned now perfectly to my liking. The tweeters are amazing! The range, clarity, and top end detail is wild. On a spl build I bet the front stage in this car smokes all the pro audio setups in the sq department!

The subs, I built them to get loud and to be absolutely violent down low. Amazingly they sound incredible while doing it as well! I haven’t even pushed them yet to see the M1 light up the clip led. I’m going through all the tracks to see which ones I wanna use for videos. Hopefully I can post a couple this weekend!

Attachments

• ECEA65D2-C8F9-4DFB-BF51-E6E90B2B4A59.jpeg
    ECEA65D2-C8F9-4DFB-BF51-E6E90B2B4A59.jpeg
    895.5 KB · Views: 36
Here is a pic of the trunk, I just need to put the mount in for the battery. The rods are 1/2” to short lol. The 8ga speaker wire I just gotta pull some of the slack out and that will be done. Gonna start making the new xover covers in a couple hours.

Had some time to get a better feel and do some more tuning. The midbass is solid all around, I had the subs off and you can feel the punch they have. I have them tuned now perfectly to my liking. The tweeters are amazing! The range, clarity, and top end detail is wild. On a spl build I bet the front stage in this car smokes all the pro audio setups in the sq department!

The subs, I built them to get loud and to be absolutely violent down low. Amazingly they sound incredible while doing it as well! I haven’t even pushed them yet to see the M1 light up the clip led. I’m going through all the tracks to see which ones I wanna use for videos. Hopefully I can post a couple this weekend!
Reading how you describe your sound, makes me wanna throw my sh!t in the trash!!😂

Looks really clean, I personally dig the carpet (shows my age lol) where did you get the standoff plates for your battery? I am trying to find some.

Well before we all get hot and heavy over this setup, I’d like to announce the smart 5k has already took a **** 😂. Never even got the M1 led clip light to light up and the amp is toast lol. Voltage always above 14v. The mosfets on one side of the amp just smoked. I bought these on Amazon and my gut I swear to god feared this lol. Sending this thing back and I’ll order the replacement from taramps directly, which is what I should of did in the first place but I was impatient lol. Pic below is me lifting cover as much as possible without damaging the tampering sticker.

Attachments

• 8C4AB555-2957-439B-ABDF-FA5C683A10A2.jpeg
    8C4AB555-2957-439B-ABDF-FA5C683A10A2.jpeg
    596.3 KB · Views: 35
Well before we all get hot and heavy over this setup, I’d like to announce the smart 5k has already took a **** 😂. Never even got the M1 led clip light to light up and the amp is toast lol. Voltage always above 14v. The mosfets on one side of the amp just smoked. I bought these on Amazon and my gut I swear to god feared this lol. Sending this thing back and I’ll order the replacement from taramps directly, which is what I should of did in the first place but I was impatient lol. Pic below is me lifting cover as much as possible without damaging the tampering sticker.

WTF. 😕

Man, you have bad luck! I blew a 300a fuse when I accidentally hooked up the amp power/ground backwards on my Smart 3, It's been in thermal overload a few times, and I've beat on it hooked up to a car battery with a charger in my house with voltage dropping into the 11s...

Matt

Man, you have bad luck! I blew a 300a fuse when I accidentally hooked up the amp power/ground backwards on my Smart 3, It's been in thermal overload a few times, and I've beat on it hooked up to a car battery with a charger in my house with voltage dropping into the 11s...

Matt

Did you buy yours on Amazon 🤔.

Did the 1/4” thick xover covers today. Hopefully after this nothing else breaks 😂

Attachments

• F0DE351B-CCF7-4A39-92E3-6CD87109CEF6.jpeg
    F0DE351B-CCF7-4A39-92E3-6CD87109CEF6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
Yep, I actually did.

Matt

Then I totally agree I have bad luck lol. All connections I made use ferrules, heat shrink, and adapter blocks. All these connections where made dead as well. Last thing I did was connect the power to the distro block. She was playing so nicely and I wasn’t even close to the limit. Amp cut out went into protect. The subs are wired at 1.4 ohm nothing crazy, I guess I just got a dud 🥺. I sent it back today and just waiting on my refund so I can get one directly from Brazil.

Then I totally agree I have bad luck lol. All connections I made use ferrules, heat shrink, and adapter blocks. All these connections where made dead as well. Last thing I did was connect the power to the distro block. She was playing so nicely and I wasn’t even close to the limit. Amp cut out went into protect. The subs are wired at 1.4 ohm nothing crazy, I guess I just got a dud 🥺. I sent it back today and just waiting on my refund so I can get one directly from Brazil.
That's silly. I doubt you'll do better for no hassle return/exchange than buying through Amazon.

Question, how was the amp mounted? I haven't experienced it myself and I'm not sure how true it is, but Brazilian full bridge amps are alot more prone to vibration damage. I took some CCF and put it between the amp and the mounting surface just to be safe.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...