Sounddeading sub box

It probably will actually make a difference in the Atrend box. If you have a properly braced, designed and constructed enclosure it probably won’t make a difference at all, but in a cheap prefab box like Atrend, I bet it would help it hold together better and you’d have less panel flex. if you do the math though, the cost of the enclosure plus deadener might not be the best investment. At that point you’re almost into it for enough dollars to just get a decent ported enclosure from the beginning.

My thoughts are, if I was to sound dead this box. It would be on the inside. This way to seal it up more and to see if there is any more of a punch or anything. What’s your guys thoughts?
A nice coat of Linseed oil paint or something just as thick would be a cheaper fit for the bill rather than deadner, unless you just happen to have that much extra laying around to cover the enclosure.

A nice coat of Linseed oil paint or something just as thick would be a cheaper fit for the bill rather than deadner, unless you just happen to have that much extra laying around to cover the enclosure.

First he says sound deaden the box and then he says put the sound deadener on the inside of his box to seal it. What gives? Color me confused.

Your misunderstanding probably stemmed from never having used box filler to alter the sound of a sub box. First time I saw filler was on a set of home speakers then on a pair of first generation 8" SAS Bazookas. When OP posted his query this is what I automatically assumed.

I ran polyfill in my box in 1989. Nice try kid. It was for two Rockford Pro Series 12's (dual 8 ohm) on a Nakamichi pa-400m @ 2 ohms. You shouldn't have to assume anything if the OP asked his question correctly.

I ran polyfill in my box in 1989. Nice try kid. It was for two Rockford Pro Series 12's (dual 8 ohm) on a Nakamichi pa-400m @ 2 ohms. You shouldn't have to assume anything if the OP asked his question correctly.
"Kid" sounds insulting to someone who doesn't know you're old.

@1aespinoza phrased it as kindly as possible. You didn't understand the thread because you assumed OP was going to deaden the outside of his box.

You were CORRECT!, the thread completely turned around to you after you realized he meant he was going to deaden the inside of his box.

Why does everything have to turn into an argument with you?

"Kid" sounds insulting to someone who doesn't know you're old.

@1aespinoza phrased it as kindly as possible. You didn't understand the thread because you assumed OP was going to deaden the outside of his box.

You were CORRECT!, the thread completely turned around to you after you realized he meant he was going to deaden the inside of his box.

Why does everything have to turn into an argument with you?

You tried to insult me by saying that I misunderstood OP because I've never ran polyfill. And I corrected you kid. Who's arguing?

You misunderstood him because you thought he wanted to put deadener on the outside of his box, old fart.

Did he not say, "to a box?" He didn't say, "in a box." Big difference. I read the question as stated. You assumed what he meant. I actually thought he didn't know what he was talking about because he didn't know how to spell sound deadener. Got it kid?

I used roll on truck bed liner inside and out on a box in my buddy’s Jeep for water proofing. It seemed slightly louder and more punchy after that. I didn’t build the box originally, so I may have just inadvertently just fixed some air leaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...