Silverado DDZ build

I got the 3rd layer of the back wall glued & screwed. I also glued & screwed some 2x4's to mount the sides and top on.

IMG_20150816_100910_444_zpsf4acoayn.jpg

Won't do anything else today though, because I have to work.

Also, Wednesday is the first day of school, so I'll be struggling to find time to work on my truck soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I feel your pain. Worked on the car all day yesterday and today I'm stuck at my part time gig and going to the girlfriend's dad's house this afternoon. No work time for me. Got it all mostly done though. Gotta do some trouble shooting and figure out why all my amps are on but only 1 speaker plays and my head unit only allows L/R fade, no front rear lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I feel your pain. Worked on the car all day yesterday and today I'm stuck at my part time gig and going to the girlfriend's dad's house this afternoon. No work time for me. Got it all mostly done though. Gotta do some trouble shooting and figure out why all my amps are on but only 1 speaker plays and my head unit only allows L/R fade, no front rear lol
No front/rear balance? new head unit much?

2a05f29fc29aafc2920cfec869b36409.jpg
1e2a77eecc7987b8e5c7c99151acec58.jpg

Probably my issue.... Kinda ticked off right now
What amp is that?

Its a sundown 125.2. I bought it used. Gonna re-solder it myself probably. That explains why I had no front rear fade. The head unit didn't detect anything but one so didn't give me the option. Also found a bad brand new knuconcept rca cable lol.

Its a sundown 125.2. I bought it used. Gonna re-solder it myself probably. That explains why I had no front rear fade. The head unit didn't detect anything but one so didn't give me the option. Also found a bad brand new knuconcept rca cable lol.
Did you buy it from Vertex Audio??? I owned that amp, and yes the RCA inputs were messed up. Still worked when I had it though

[quote name='adulbrich']First, I got my back panel cut and bolted on. It has fur stapled to the back of it, to reduce vibrations against the metal. It's the back wall of my box and will be well braced and pushed tightly against the back of the cab. Hopefully it won't flex too much

IMG_20150814_101702_460_zpsmx23vv35.jpg

Next, I ran my power and ground wires. Here are some pics for @los33;

Inside the cab:

IMG_20150814_101414_051_zpsb5xmwzkz.jpg

Underneath the truck:

IMG_20150814_101439_427_zpsspej59zv.jpg

Between the cab and bed:

IMG_20150814_101425_029_zps1ot7ihhg.jpg

Good picture of how I ran the ground wire through an existing hole:

IMG_20150814_101502_398_zpsj6pyhb3y.jpg

What it looks like in the bed with wires coming through:

ResizedImage_1439565691646_zpsfnmwdmyq.jpg

Custom fuse block, lol. One 300 amp fuse will be on top, and the other will be on the bottom. Lugs will be between the fuses on each side to "stack" them. I really don't care what what's his name has to say about it

IMG_20150814_101353_737_zpsqfvbvva7.jpg

IMG_20150814_101358_714_zps0hi0jmnb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Im a little worried about your ground wire sitting against bare metal. It will vibrate that rubber coating off over time and youll get a direct connection to your chassis..

referring to the 5th pic.

Im a little worried about your ground wire sitting against bare metal. It will vibrate that rubber coating off over time and youll get a direct connection to your chassis..
referring to the 5th pic.
Oh no! My ground wire could contact the bare metal of the chassis!

Lol dude, it's a ground. It gets connected to the frame anyways.

I will be wrapping the positive wire where it comes up through the bed. It's not hooked to anything yet, so I haven't worried about it yet

Did you buy it from Vertex Audio??? I owned that amp, and yes the RCA inputs were messed up. Still worked when I had it though
Hahaha yes I did. I've been in contact with them about it. I'm probably going to try to re-solder some new plugs myself. That son of a ***** literally crumbled when I tried pulling my rca cable off of it.

Hahaha yes I did. I've been in contact with them about it. I'm probably going to try to re-solder some new plugs myself. That son of a ***** literally crumbled when I tried pulling my rca cable off of it.
The RCA inputs were loose when I got it, and I figured they got damaged in shipping. Both channels worked though, so i wasn't worried. Sucks that it crapped on you though

Just got off the phone with THE Mike Jones. I'm doing a 4th order to his specs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Someone please buy my N3's, lol. I'm liquidating them!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.