Should I keep Solo-barics or go for something different?

And this is one of the reasons I dislike square cones. Their manufacturers claim huge advantages of having more cone area, but the reality is you still have to build a larger enclosure, just like if you ran a larger round coned speaker. So instead of running an 8" square cone sub that has the displacement of a 10 and requires an enclosure equivalent to a 10 (speaking generally here), Id rather just buy a 10" round cone sub and avoid all the problems associated with a square cone design (added mass in the form of strengthening ridges to keep that square cone from distorting its shape under severe excursion, 'corners' on surrounds that require special attention in the form of an accordion shape, non-linear stress through the cone due to non-uniform distances from the coil/t-joint, etc).
that and if you switch out subs that could use the same box, you can go from round to square but not square to round..

I can agree with what your saying, I originally got them to fit under my seat of my crew cab silverado because the mounting depth fit unlike other 10" i found at the time. What would you guys suggest for a kicker ZX850.2 amp?

I dont have the box yet, thats why Im debating on diff subs. I had a closed custom fit box for my silverado and wont be usin it. they have never even been hooked up, brand new still.

Bazooka use to make a Triangle shaped sub...You might can find one on ebay if you really like odd shaped subs...A geo enclousure would be pretty cool with one square one triangle and one round sub....and maye throw in a Hexagon shaped Xtant sub....it would be pretty creative....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.