Possible to get decent bass out of 6X9s in rear deck with only 50W from an amp?

kfinn360

I'm considering a couple of build options and feel like a 50W X 4 channel amp would be fine for my component speakers up front but I'm less confident it's enough juice to get decent bass from 6X9s in the rear deck. I'd appreciate thoughts on this and suggestions for 50 RMS 6X9s that can actually produce bass w/50W per channel from the amp in a setup with no sub.

6X9 will not produce the bass frequencies, it most likley produce mid bass.
Tell that to the people who've gotten plenty of bass from their 6x9s. They're the same size for cone area as an 8" subwoofer and sometimes the motor is similar in size to an 8" sub as well.

i have factory 6X9 subs in mt fusion and they will pound on about 30 watts a piece. all the way down to the low lows too. i used the DD tone generator app to check it out.

It has to be asked so...why no sub?
For me, trunk space is more important that earth rattling bass. I'll be totally satisfied with bass that's just good enough not leaving me saying "where's the bass?" when listening to hip-hop. From what I've read, some 6X9s like the Alpine SPR-69 do a pretty good job filling this gap when a sub isn't part of the setup but those alpines need 100RMS. I already have 40RMS speakers in the front and would like to do a 50X4 channel amp to those and 6X9s IF it can provide reasonable bass. Otherwise I'll have to pull the front and do both sets at 100RMS with 100X4 channel amp but that will cost more.

Like recommended, get some comps for your front stage and either do 6x9 subs in the back or enlarge the mounting hole and fit some 8s in there with an underhung box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.