Help needed with possible dsp wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mark Bennett

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone. First post, hope to get educated here lol. I have a 2023 mazda cx30. Non bose system. I'm looking at getting a puzu c7 amplified dsp. They claim if there is a factory amplifier the dsp can't be used. Has anyone successfully added a amplified dsp to a cx 30? Should I look for a non amplified dsp instead? I've never used a dsp before. I'm 50, I've installed tons of old school gear but all aftermarket stuff. Integrating into a newer factory system befuddles me lol. And I'm not a Google ninja lol. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

You've got room for up to 1" tweeters in the upper doors and 4" drivers in the front kick panels? That's what Crutchfield says you can fit in the OEM locations. Not sure what you are going to gain using DSP, a good head unit that has time alignment and basic EQ and a 4 channel amp, good to go.

This would allow you to add a sub and it has built DSP.

This is compatible with your car and it has digital time alignment.

Pair of these for the doors

Pair of these in the kicks

these in the dash

Fully active and with DSP tuning, 600 watts left over for a passive sub of your choosing, now or later.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. The dsp is an afterthought. I haven't installed anything yet but I put a budget system together. I already have clarion 1 in tweets, 3.5 kickers for the doors, mono amp and a jl 10 in a sealed box. Im leaving the factory 4 in woofers alone. Way too hard to access. The rear 3.5s in the doors a abysmal. I was planning on adding a pair of 6.5s in the hatch cover to even out the soundstage. A budget 4 channel amp is around the same price as the dsp. Just figured id get more out of a amplified dsp than just an amp. Other than missing more defined highs and a sub for deeper n louder lows, the factory system sounds decent. Maybe I'll just get my stuff installed rather than putting more stuff in the closet lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...