Old Schoolers Unite

Appreciate it my man! No Joke, just facts! I'ma let you in on a secret... A&B Electronics. Jefferson ave. Oak Cliff.....
ill swing by one day when im a little more mobile/getting around..that would be cool,i should have my system together then.i have temp set up with 1-7150,1-vulcan,1-odin,2-1000rms 10@2ohms,set of 5.25 polk woofers,6.5 polk 2 ways,2 sets of infinity tweets,and a set of 6.5 massive components,2 redtops with the big5/not big 3,200amp alt eclipse 3000cd hu,kicker kq-9 preamp, for rt now:D,i may need some advice with my set up,/opinions/critisism even

Can I play? Just a few that I've owned over the years (in no particular order):

Jensen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

Coustic

Carver //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif

a/d/s

MEI

Phoenix Gold

Altec Lansing

Pioneer

The Hott Set-up

Soundstream

Hifonics

Blaupunkt

Can I play? Just a few that I've owned over the years (in no particular order):
Jensen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

Coustic

Carver //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif

a/d/s

MEI

Phoenix Gold

Altec Lansing

Pioneer

The Hott Set-up

Soundstream

Hifonics

Blaupunkt
I found a Coustic XM-1 while going through some boxes and deciding what I am going to move to the new house. While not "great" Coustic was a decent value product back in the day. I also found a couple of Orion HCCA 225s that I forgot about. One of them looks like it had a craptastic repair job, yet it actually works. The other one has no obvious signs of being repaired by a retarded monkey on crack and actually worked when I threw it on the bench. The only thing I can't remember is when or where I acquired them because they were in a box that I haven't opened since my last move in 2005 with the Coustic XM-1. I could have sworn my first wife had thrown all that stuff out because she did throw a bunch of my stuff out citing that I would never use it again...

I found a Coustic XM-1 while going through some boxes and deciding what I am going to move to the new house. While not "great" Coustic was a decent value product back in the day. I also found a couple of Orion HCCA 225s that I forgot about. One of them looks like it had a craptastic repair job, yet it actually works. The other one has no obvious signs of being repaired by a retarded monkey on crack and actually worked when I threw it on the bench. The only thing I can't remember is when or where I acquired them because they were in a box that I haven't opened since my last move in 2005 with the Coustic XM-1. I could have sworn my first wife had thrown all that stuff out because she did throw a bunch of my stuff out citing that I would never use it again...
Yo amps are multiplying like tribbles :p

Is that the 240 watt rms x 1? the 1 that can't take a 2 ohm mono load? I wonder why it has a fan if it is only 240 watts.... But remember, we're not tying to compare anything on this thread.....
One of the things I learned from Kenny is that he tends to account for the idiot end user factor. I was given a blown up Lunar that was mounted upside down and run at 1 ohm mono, and I had him fix it for me. I think the only reason it blew up is because several cans in a case of beer stored on the seat over the amp exploded and leaked into it and the owner kept rocking it, forgetting there was an amp under that seat. That was one gross mess on the circuit board, lol.

But yes, it is a 60 x 2 amplifier with a 35 amp fuse that should do 240x1 bridged at 4 ohms. I have an Orion 250 SX as well as a 275 SX that I could use in a shootout against it. Again, prior experience dictates that I will NOT be able to tell the difference between any of those amplifiers as long as they are properly level matched in the appropriate blind listening test environment. Going further, that difference will be next to impossible to determine in the car while it is rolling down the interstate at 70 MPH.

I still have a Hott Setup 2x50 amp sitting in my shop. I used to use it till about a year ago. Solid amp even to this day.

Anyone else remember....

IMPACT

Proton

M&M Godfather

Savard

ill swing by one day when im a little more mobile/getting around..that would be cool,i should have my system together then.i have temp set up with 1-7150,1-vulcan,1-odin,2-1000rms 10@2ohms,set of 5.25 polk woofers,6.5 polk 2 ways,2 sets of infinity tweets,and a set of 6.5 massive components,2 redtops with the big5/not big 3,200amp alt eclipse 3000cd hu,kicker kq-9 preamp, for rt now:D,i may need some advice with my set up,/opinions/critisism even
... by the way,... I'm not in that store, but you should still stop by sometime. It's an old school audio fanatic paradise! Tons of old school equipment...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.