Old Schoolers Unite

Had a 84 pontiac grand prix w/ t-tops (the still have it) had 2 jl audio 12w5's. 2 boston 6x9's, 4 -4" punch powers, 2- 3.5 mtx's, 2 fultron tweeters. Amps were a fosgate power 300, a fosgate punch 200 dsm, a jensen 250w and a alpine 4x40. My first cd player i think was a jvc that had some sort of goofy tray for the cd's.

In my truck, Also had some mtx 10" terminators, then upgraded to 12"mtx blue thunders. Had them on a hifonics thor 250w and a harmon karden 300 watt.

you joined like a few days ago it says.......nOOb
but since im an old schooler,or atleast qualify I had to chime in,most of what you list was junk

Craig ? Sanyo ? Audiovox..........J U N K my friend
Im not sure if Audivox had anything good back in the day but today they make good mobile video products....but Craig and Sanyo had some really nice products back in the early days.....

sanyo001.jpg

asanyo001.jpg

asanyo002.jpg

asanyo003.jpg

you joined like a few days ago it says.......nOOb
but since im an old schooler,or atleast qualify I had to chime in,most of what you list was junk

Craig ? Sanyo ? Audiovox..........J U N K my friend
Actually, 2 years ago, but misplaced my passwords... Most of it is junk? what about Linear Power, Rockford Fosgate, PPi and so on? anyway, you should pay closer attention and read the whole thread.....It's not about quality & or price, but what used to be out there back in the day! But thanks for your opinion, and since you're an old schooler, you should pitch in with the brands that YOU think should be in here too besides Sherwood and Pyle!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a 84 pontiac grand prix w/ t-tops (the still have it) had 2 jl audio 12w5's. 2 boston 6x9's, 4 -4" punch powers, 2- 3.5 mtx's, 2 fultron tweeters. Amps were a fosgate power 300, a fosgate punch 200 dsm, a jensen 250w and a alpine 4x40. My first cd player i think was a jvc that had some sort of goofy tray for the cd's.
Hey, I remember those JVC heaud units! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im not sure if Audivox had anything good back in the day but today they make good mobile video products....but Craig and Sanyo had some really nice products back in the early days.....
sanyo001.jpg

asanyo001.jpg

asanyo002.jpg

asanyo003.jpg
Dang! That's OLD SCHOOL rite there! The first amp I ever bought was a Sanyo that put out 50 +50 for the rear channels and 20 + 20 for front ones!

Hi Fellows! I think I need to make this clear once again and remind all of us reading and posting in this thread that this was, and is, just to remind ourselves about the products that we used to see back in the early years of car audio! It's Not about which "amp" was bigger or which brand was better! Just for reminiscing purposes only! Remember, Not ALL of us were lucky enough to purchase a 900 dollar amp when the minimum wage was $2.75! Tnx!

Luckyyyy!! I should be posting some pics of some O.S. subs I got in the next couple of days!
lol thanks! used to have a BNIB hifonics pluto also but ended up getting rid of it yr ago or so. ive had this sub in the closet now for about the last 5 years since i got it. def a nice convo piece but sadly it is for sale since i have to start empty out some of the gear i have in it lol

In my truck, Also had some mtx 10" terminators, then upgraded to 12"mtx blue thunders. Had them on a hifonics thor 250w and a harmon karden 300 watt.
hey ewadz3006... I think we should think about that Frank Sinatra quote, cuz I don't drink, and I sure as hell don't dance either, but the best I feel all day, is when I feel that BIG BASS pounding on my chest! LOL!

hey ewadz3006... I think we should think about that Frank Sinatra quote, cuz I don't drink, and I sure as hell don't dance either, but the best I feel all day, is when I feel that BIG BASS pounding on my chest! LOL!
Lol! I'm in the process of getting a system in my mountaineer. Cant wait to pound! Was going to go all old school butI think im going to go new.

Reply updated Ignatowski! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.