Pioneer

Polk Audio

Granite (Soundstream)

Memphis

Lanzar

Jensen

LA Sound

Sherwood........

Gosh man, some people don't have any manners! didn't anybody ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? we're just trying to reminisce some good ol' times here, not comparing old and new products! and if that was the case, I can assure you that of the brands still remaining, old stuff were WAAAAY better than the stuff their making these days! (I've sold about 6 new Hifonics amps @ work in the las month, and 3 of them came back.... I,m still using my Boltar VII from 20 years ago and never had problems!)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Keep on smoking that pipe buddy! If what you are on is legal, I want some of it!

I wax nostalgic about the old school all the time. I think USACi ought to go bakc to Flashdance format. It's such a bastardization of what it used to be when install and SQ were 2/3 of your score at shows. SPL was just one component. It's all 65hz buzzing now.

I hear rumors of an old school organization forming. You might want to track down some goodies and dust off those install chops.

When I got back into CA a few years ago, my plan was to go all old school. It really saddened me how quickly I discovered that the old school just can't keep up with new school gear. But I'll be damned if you catch me running anything newer than 15 years old on my highs though. Zapco and LP for life!

You couldn't GIVE me a Linear Power amplifier, new or old! Well, if you gave it to me, I'd just sell it to a nuthugger for top dollar.
That's good. Because you couldn't TAKE it from me if you tried!!! My cold dead fingers!!!!

a99a5610.jpg

no kidding?thats pretty awsome. was some great speakers/real chest pounders ill tell ya..i need come by one day if you are in metroplex area.nice thread here by the way
Appreciate it my man! No Joke, just facts! I'ma let you in on a secret... A&B Electronics. Jefferson ave. Oak Cliff.....

Keep on smoking that pipe buddy! If what you are on is legal, I want some of it!
And Whats that your smoking? Isn't that supposed to make you mellow? I guess we are always gonna have a hater in every thread....

That's good. Because you couldn't TAKE it from me if you tried!!! My cold dead fingers!!!!
a99a5610.jpg
If I would have only known that someone else in Louisiana would have been interested in my Linear Power collection.... A dude in Japan purchased my DPS500, DPSQ50, and 2.2 HV for top, and I mean TOP dollar in 2009. I'm talking $1,500 for the DPS amplifiers and $1k for the 2.2 HV PLUS shipping! IIRC, I sold my LP150 for $600. Come to think of it, I need to find more Linear Power amplifiers that I can pick up for next to nothing so I can resell them, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

And Whats that your smoking? Isn't that supposed to make you mellow? I guess we are always gonna have a hater in every thread....
When I first re-entered this hobby again in 2007, I had the mindset that older was better. I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong!

Then again, through personal experience/trials and tribulations, etc. I have since come to the dramatic realization that the automobile is one of the absolute worst environments to reproduce audio in. While newer technology helps with some of the limitations of the vehicle itself, it is still far and I mean VERY FAR from perfect.

I wax nostalgic about the old school all the time. I think USACi ought to go bakc to Flashdance format. It's such a bastardization of what it used to be when install and SQ were 2/3 of your score at shows. SPL was just one component. It's all 65hz buzzing now.
I hear rumors of an old school organization forming. You might want to track down some goodies and dust off those install chops.

When I got back into CA a few years ago, my plan was to go all old school. It really saddened me how quickly I discovered that the old school just can't keep up with new school gear. But I'll be damned if you catch me running anything newer than 15 years old on my highs though. Zapco and LP for life!
Don't get me wrong, any of you please, I'm running new school in the hummer right now, but that doesn't mean i've lost my love for the products that started it all!.... I Know an old school 100 watt HiFonics amp that pushed 2 350 watt 15" Petras would not compare to a 10000 watt sundown pushing 2 18s REs, and like I said before, we're not comparing anything here, but if you must, lets compare a 100 watt old school amp to a new school 100 watt amp if u can find it now a days... http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg621/oldskull1/NS%20Audio/14.jpg http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg621/oldskull1/NS%20Audio/12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first re-entered this hobby again in 2007, I had the mindset that older was better. I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong!
Then again, through personal experience/trials and tribulations, etc. I have since come to the dramatic realization that the automobile is one of the absolute worst environments to reproduce audio in. While newer technology helps with some of the limitations of the vehicle itself, it is still far and I mean VERY FAR from perfect.
Don't get me wrong, any of you please, I'm running new school in the hummer right now, but that doesn't mean i've lost my love for the products that started it all!.... I Know an old school 100 watt HiFonics amp that pushed 2 350 watt 15" Petras would not compare to a 10000 watt sundown pushing 2 18s REs, and like I said before, we're not comparing anything here, but if you must, lets compare a 100 watt old school amp to a new school 100 watt amp if u can find it now a days...

Don't get me wrong, any of you please, I'm running new school in the hummer right now, but that doesn't mean i've lost my love for the products that started it all!.... I Know an old school 100 watt HiFonics amp that pushed 2 350 watt 15" Petras would not compare to a 10000 watt sundown pushing 2 18s REs, and like I said before, we're not comparing anything here, but if you must, lets compare a 100 watt old school amp to a new school 100 watt amp if u can find it now a days...
OK deal, what old school amp that is not a cheater amp from yesteryear would you like to compare to one of my modern Lunar Amplifiers? Unfortunately, the lowest powered one I own is the L60x2. I never saw the need to replace that one with a L255. My only complaint about Lunar is the fact that they are tall and I may end up running a pair of JL Audio HD 900/5s instead when I finally get around to my install.

OK deal, what old school amp that is not a cheater amp from yesteryear would you like to compare to one of my modern Lunar Amplifiers? Unfortunately, the lowest powered one I own is the L60x2. I never saw the need to replace that one with a L255. My only complaint about Lunar is the fact that they are tall and I may end up running a pair of JL Audio HD 900/5s instead when I finally get around to my install.
Is that the 240 watt rms x 1? the 1 that can't take a 2 ohm mono load? I wonder why it has a fan if it is only 240 watts.... But remember, we're not tying to compare anything on this thread.....

Hello car audio fellas, like most of us, I'm an old school C. A. fanatic, specially Zed made stuff, but all I hear in the O. S. forums is talk about Orions, PPIs, Soundtreams, Zed, and US Amps. I've been in this business since 86, and I think we should pay some respect to other manufactures that paved the way for this phenomenon that it is today... All I'm asking is to help me mention some names so we don't forget about them! (U see, my memory is not as good as it was 25 years ago) . Anyway, here are some brands that I recall, some help please.....
Audiovox

Altec Lansing

Avalanche

Blade Technologies

Carver

Fuji

Fultron

Craig

Denon

American HiFi

Advent

Deltasonic

Petras

Sanyo

Legacy......

...................just to start off with
Craig, hahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.