Old Schoolers Unite

thanks man,gonna be a few weeks..lol...i have 2-99 now,2-66,1-66hc,1-44,1-90mxi,2-40mxi now,2-7150,1-7204,3-7050,hifonics-2-cyclops vii,1-pluto viii,1-pluto viii white,1-vulcan viii,1-vulcan vii,1-odin vii,1-gemini vii,3-us acoustics 2150(2 need repair)1-800 just picked up from my good friend spooney,alpine duo-b-1-3525,1-3523,1-3517,1-3550,1 jbl gtq 400,clarion 50x2,audio godds /hollywood(75x2 need repair on 1ch.)1-orion hott setup 300xbones,1-polk momo 500.1 bnib sealed in plastic,couple others???
Nice collection you have, but really interested in those cyclops, for nostalgic reasons... my younger brother had 1 of them pushing 2 Petras 15s back in the day.....

sure wouldnt mind finding 4 stillwater kicker 10 in woofers.i really had great luck with those subs,they were awesome in individual sealed enclosures.great subs,and great memories.i remember when sas bazookas came out..i had bought 4 t102 10s, and put those cyclops on each pair in a 87 chrysler laser/shelby hatch.they were pretty brute tubes when they first came out

Nice collection you have, but really interested in those cyclops, for nostalgic reasons... my younger brother had 1 of them pushing 2 Petras 15s back in the day.....
i thank you sir,i was going to use for a pair of heavy 10s/1000rms ea,dvc 2ohm(2sets of subs,2 amps),((, but ran @ 2oclock position,and decided that i wanted to run my 7150s instead(2.one on ea set of subs)but not gonna use the cyclops after all,though it pushed the subs pretty hard @2ohms no doubt.i believe that little amp pushing those subs,its a little monster..100watt mono block?? ya 100watts @8 oclock position..lol

i think i still may have a coustic 100a in my room there..ill have to look,had on a pair of jbl gt 3way 6x9s, my first coustic amp was the coustic 380,i stiill like that amp,great on a pair of 400rms 12s,i wouldnt mind grabbing up another 380 just for keepsake,

Reply To AUDIOBAUN... (Sorry) ......... Lol! right again! keeping in mind that old subs didn't need that much power like the new ones today, but I'm with you.. that lil' amp is a monster!!! wouldn't ask anything to a new 1500 watt Hifonics!

i should have kept my red/black autotek bts 7300,that was an awesome amp.yes sir,that cyclops sure shells out some throat lumping power.!!!!

those lanzar opti amps were some power houses as well,i had a soundstream granite 120.4,and a 60.2 if anyone remembers those???thought i saw them floating around on ebay at one time or two

ZapcoRealistic

Rockford Fosgate (series 1, The Punch, Power)

Infinity

Yamaha

Pyramid

Orion

Soundstream

HiFonics

PPI

G&S Designs (Predator, Comp)

Volcano

Cobalt (orion)

Art Series (PPI)

Sedona (PPI)

Crutchfield (PPI)

Sony

Kicker

Kenwood

Harman Kardon

MTX (Road Thunder, Blue Thunder, Black Gold, Terminator)

Impulse (Kicker)

The Hot Setup (before bought off by orion)

Majestic .........
How did Linear Power not make the list yet?

How about La Sound? I still use one of their active crosses.

Remember when you HAD to use an external elecronic crosses. Everybody was rocking AudioControl.

Did you guys have Savard? Or was that a local thing for me?

I know you said Zed, but you have to get old school HiFonics on there.

The Crunch?

Autotek for sure. Mmmm... champagne series.

Cadence came a little later, but they could still make the list.

Eclipse has been kickin it forever!

Cerwin Vega all day.

sure wouldnt mind finding 4 stillwater kicker 10 in woofers.i really had great luck with those subs,they were awesome in individual sealed enclosures.great subs,and great memories.i remember when sas bazookas came out..i had bought 4 t102 10s, and put those cyclops on each pair in a 87 chrysler laser/shelby hatch.they were pretty brute tubes when they first came out
YEAH! Stillwater Rocked! I remember the owner's son coming to our store every month and giving us lots of "awards and recognitions" for being the retailers with the most sales in the whole state of Tx.

YEAH! Stillwater Rocked! I remember the owner's son coming to our store every month and giving us lots of "awards and recognitions" for being the retailers with the most sales in the whole state of Tx.
no kidding?thats pretty awsome. was some great speakers/real chest pounders ill tell ya..i need come by one day if you are in metroplex area.nice thread here by the way

Remember when you HAD to use an external elecronic crosses. Everybody was rocking AudioControl.

The Crunch?

Cerwin Vega all day.
i did run coustic 3way xovers,untill i finally got the money up for a sony xec-1000 6ch, xover,that was a fantastic piece for the price i paid for it,along with a couple soundstream usa 100/200

The Crunch?

Cerwin Vega all day.
Oh tailorFail, I could go on all day with you my man.... you see, what got me into car audio was my neighbors 76 Monte Carlo, it had 6 Cerwin Vegas 15s pushed by 3 HiFonics Zeus, you could hear it blocks, and blocks away; Savard... when I 1st started in this business Mr. Bill Savard was still building his subwoofers in his garage and he would personally bring his masterpieces to our shop in Mesquite, Tx. himself! How could I forget! Cadence.... Not to brag, but Cadence brought a van all the way from California so we, My Main Man Rick & I, (I was mostly help tho) would build a demo vehicle for them. It consisted of 16 15" subs, 32 mids & highs, and 24 amps. Believe that made it into trucking and lowrider magazines back in the day; .... I had an 86 Astro van with 4 crunch 18s pushed by 2 Autotek 333s, then replaced subs for Cerwin Vegas Obviously! LOL! and, linear Power, LA Sound, were coming in my next list....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.