New system tell me what you think.

I have a jl setup right now, i really like it myself, its not as loud as i'd want it to be but im starting to like the sq it gives, 2 12 w3's isn't the loudest thing in the world but sound really good, yes i paid too much for my set up but cant go back now from it i've learned to love it, its all good stuff man good luck with your build!

Yea I had been Savin up. The amp alone costs me 600 but it is a **** good amp!!! I agree with jl making some of the best sq subs and amps. Their speakers probably are over priced but they are still good quality speakers.

but for 1500 for his set up cmon on now! u must have money to blow~
I also got a 2 yr warrenty for all my jl stuff which was important to me but is why I paid a lol more. They had them for much cheaper but were not covered by jl if any problems arose.

I also got a 2 yr warrenty for all my jl stuff which was important to me but is why I paid a lol more. They had them for much cheaper but were not covered by jl if any problems arose.
Most problem people have are not covered by a warranty. Also you are going to hate the C2s once you get over the fact you are happy cause they are better then stock.

Most problem people have are not covered by a warranty. Also you are going to hate the C2s once you get over the fact you are happy cause they are better then stock.
I have a set of C2 comps, they're not bad at all... the mid bass could go a little lower but they sound really good, its all about the install

Obviously not the C5's or but then again the c5's don't compare to phd's or jbl gti's, but installed right, sound just as good as hertz IMO
C5s do compair if that's the sound you are looking for. IMO the C2s lined up with the Hertz ESK series. The C3 matched the HSK with less power handling

True. I understand how not every brand is going to work with everyone. Guess I came across to harsh. I just had always been completly satisfied with all their products that I purchased.
Then let me ask you this... Are you satisfied with them just because you don't have much else to compare it to?

Then let me ask you this... Are you satisfied with them just because you don't have much else to compare it to?
probably so. but as long as im getting a good qaulity sounding system with some good boom im fine with my setup. iv gotten to listen to plenty other of setups and honesty i feel that about 90% of all the systems i listend to sounded pretty good.

The new W6 will work just fine ported. I love all of the JL hate on this forum, it is actually pretty funny. JL makes good shit, period. It might be a bit pricey but the W6 and W7 are amazing drivers, and if anyone says otherwise they are just hooked into the "underground is superior no matter what" mindset.
It comes down to the same thing every time. The point isn't that JL doesn't make good stuff. They make great stuff. The point is, you could get something just as good as their product for less money, or something much better for the same money. There's absolutely nothing wrong with JL products, the fault lies in the pricing. I think $1500 was a bit much for all that, but I've seen way worse too. It's all good gear, I think the HU would be the only weak-link there.

It comes down to the same thing every time. The point isn't that JL doesn't make good stuff. They make great stuff. The point is, you could get something just as good as their product for less money, or something much better for the same money. There's absolutely nothing wrong with JL products, the fault lies in the pricing. I think $1500 was a bit much for all that, but I've seen way worse too. It's all good gear, I think the HU would be the only weak-link there.
how is the HU a weak link? would have purchashing a more expensive one actually upped my sq? im installing sunday si i still have a little time to change.... i was under the impression that this hu would be fine though

how is the HU a weak link? would have purchashing a more expensive one actually upped my sq? im installing sunday si i still have a little time to change.... i was under the impression that this hu would be fine though
I would change the C2s before anything. Dont worry about the rears and get a good set for the front. Run the rears stock on HU power faded out and fade them in if somebody is in the back or ditch them period

I would change the C2s before anything. Dont worry about the rears and get a good set for the front. Run the rears stock on HU power faded out and fade them in if somebody is in the back or ditch them period
how come? my amp is made to power all 4 speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.