Aero port big enough?

Participant count
  • Participant list

youngbump
10+ year member

Ok,so I'm pretty new to the idea of aero ports but I have read on other threads that if done right they can get extremely loud with great sound quality.I used the psp-inc calculator for the tuning and tuned a 8 cu ft box with a single 10" aero port 18" long to 33 hz.And I'm just wondering if it is gonna be enough,the box is for two Sundown E-15 d2's and I don't know,10" inches of port area just doesn't sound right to me for that much air flow.And don't worry about how I'm finding an aero port that big,my friend can make them out of PVC.And if I do need to go bigger I still want to use only one port,so maybe 12" inch?Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I was running a single 9" diameter aero port 17" long for my two SA 15's in a 6cubic foot box after sub and port displacement and it was tuned right around 36hz.

They got nasty too, was plenty of port area.

After displacement.Before subs and port it was just a little above 9 cubes.Haven't broken out the calculator but did the math in my head and it came out to be like 8.025 or something like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.