new sub came in today...

Most 'made in USA' subs are simply 'assembled in USA' out of parts from all over the globe (including China). Sadly, the same goes for all those 'made in USA' Toyotas that people convince themselves doesn't hurt the American auto industry or economy by buying.

You are correct. If QA can stay on top of things it doesnt matter where something is made. Does anybody really think if something is made in America its better? We overcharge for everything we do because we think its that good. Is a Caddy better then a Lexus? Hell no! BUT ITS AMERICAN so we charge out the *** for it. We happen to be the most lazy country on this globe. wellfare anyone!
We 'charge out the ass' for American made items because labor rates are higher here. Labor rates are higher here due to the difference in the value of currency. Laziness is simply the excuse people use when they dont understand the real reasons, and its popular to deem Americans as inherently lazy.

We 'charge out the ass' for American made items because labor rates are higher here. Labor rates are higher here due to the difference in the value of currency. Laziness is simply the excuse people use when they dont understand the real reasons, and its popular to deem Americans as inherently lazy.
Brother I have been all over the world. Trust me when I say we are lazy. For the most part we expect everything to be given to us. Spend a few years living in a Hispanic county, you will see what I mean. The Brits can't say anything cause they are the same way. It's the southern europe and the east, and south america that steps up

Brother I have been all over the world. Trust me when I say we are lazy. For the most part we expect everything to be given to us. Spend a few years living in a Hispanic county, you will see what I mean. The Brits can't say anything cause they are the same way. It's the southern europe and the east, and south america that steps up
Im embroiled in a discussion in another thread currently where we are discussing the feeling of entitlement many young people in the US feel today, so you and I do not disagree on that point. But again, if you've really been all over the world, you should understand the difference in currency values, and how that affects the cost of living. And that cost of living is what drives wages on a societal level. Chinese workers sure as hell dont work for 50 cents a day (or whatever incredibly low amount it is) because they are just less lazy than Americans, they do it because in their country that is a living wage. Currency value differences, not perceived notions about the work ethic of a society.

Im embroiled in a discussion in another thread currently where we are discussing the feeling of entitlement many young people in the US feel today, so you and I do not disagree on that point. But again, if you've really been all over the world, you should understand the difference in currency values, and how that affects the cost of living. And that cost of living is what drives wages on a societal level. Chinese workers sure as hell dont work for 50 cents a day (or whatever incredibly low amount it is) because they are just less lazy than Americans, they do it because in their country that is a living wage. Currency value differences, not perceived notions about the work ethic of a society.
A few years ago I was working on a budget breakdown for our overseas logistic offices with one of our local congressmen. He had me digging in every historical purchase and figuring the rise in the cost of living..

There is much more then the cost of living expense that has raised wages.. It started when this young nation was born. Have you heard of the statement in a harbor in NYC that says" give us your poor your tired your huddled masses longing to be free ".. The French F'ED us.

We want everything now and easy. With the contractor deals we where working, we didnt try to find anything cheaper. We paided out the *** for a simple job. When we contract parts we pay $20 for a simple O-ring. We had to live beyond are means and now live bankrupt!

Why are we so fat(I not but most) Because fast food is easy. Why cant people get off of all the BS goverment backed programs. That also makes the cost of living higher. We have to pay for the cost of more then just our household. Why do you see fat *** people that live off welfare, because all they can afford is cheap and unhealthy food. They will never get off of it because they will never pass a physical.

All these college grants for minoritys. Supply a army for a war that has been over! We did this to ourselves because we must have everything right now!

The wages our higher because we cannot get out of dept. They pay us more because we could not live off anything less and still pay for all the " goverment programs "

Its a visious cycle that will not stop or turn around because it will hurt a lot of poor people if it does! Its the survival of the fittest or a total breakdown of goverment in our lifetime. Something will finnally make it stop one way or another.

We just waste some much its not funny. And if you dont think Europe is not just as, even more expensive do a bit of digging.

Do you know how much it cost to keep a prision open, we pays criminals cable bills!

We pay for the idiot having 10 kids when she cant feed herself to begin with. Cause it will hurt people feeling to take away A RETARDS rights.

I can go on all day. **** gets me heated.

Have you ever looked up how to become a resident of Canada.. They dont let just anybody in.

A few years ago I was working on a budget breakdown for our overseas logistic offices with one of our local congressmen. He had me digging in every historical purchase and figuring the rise in the cost of living..There is much more then the cost of living expense that has raised wages.. It started when this young nation was born. Have you heard of the statement in a harbor in NYC that says" give us your poor your tired your huddled masses longing to be free ".. The French F'ED us.

We want everything now and easy. With the contractor deals we where working, we didnt try to find anything cheaper. We paided out the *** for a simple job. When we contract parts we pay $20 for a simple O-ring. We had to live beyond are means and now live bankrupt!

Why are we so fat(I not but most) Because fast food is easy. Why cant people get off of all the BS goverment backed programs. That also makes the cost of living higher. We have to pay for the cost of more then just our household. Why do you see fat *** people that live off welfare, because all they can afford is cheap and unhealthy food. They will never get off of it because they will never pass a physical.

All these college grants for minoritys. Supply a army for a war that has been over! We did this to ourselves because we must have everything right now!

The wages our higher because we cannot get out of dept. They pay us more because we could not live off anything less and still pay for all the " goverment programs "

Its a visious cycle that will not stop or turn around because it will hurt a lot of poor people if it does! Its the survival of the fittest or a total breakdown of goverment in our lifetime. Something will finnally make it stop one way or another.
We just waste some much its not funny. And if you dont think Europe is not just as, even more expensive do a bit of digging.Do you know how much it cost to keep a prision open, we pays criminals cable bills!

We pay for the idiot having 10 kids when she cant feed herself to begin with. Cause it will hurt people feeling to take away A RETARDS rights.

I can go on all day. **** gets me heated.

Have you ever looked up how to become a resident of Canada.. They dont let just anybody in.
You had me until you said "they pay us more because we could not live off anything less". You are exactly correct. If a company couldn't afford to pay us a living wage to employ us, here in this country, then they wouldn't employ us. And we sure wouldn't agree to work for a wage that has us starve to death in 3 months. The problem is, what you are saying, is exactly what I said... they base pay off currency value. Some guy in China can afford to work for 50 cents a day, because in China that 50 cents (expressed in U.S. currency) has much more buying power than it does here. So to us it seems like they are working for an appallingly insufficient amount, but clearly its enough to support them.

Currency differences, not work ethic.

Having more options is a great thing.. It keeps people honest and always brings new ideas to the game.We shouldnt knock anything we have no personal experiance with
Like the OP and the DC Level 3?

With that said lets keep this on topic. This is the tech section.

You had me until you said "they pay us more because we could not live off anything less". You are exactly correct. If a company couldn't afford to pay us a living wage to employ us, here in this country, then they wouldn't employ us. And we sure wouldn't agree to work for a wage that has us starve to death in 3 months. The problem is, what you are saying, is exactly what I said... they base pay off currency value. Some guy in China can afford to work for 50 cents a day, because in China that 50 cents (expressed in U.S. currency) has much more buying power than it does here. So to us it seems like they are working for an appallingly insufficient amount, but clearly its enough to support them.
Currency differences, not work ethic.
So why is it cheaper to live in China?

Could it be the laws in place to keep the population in check?

If you look at cheap places to live they are the places where the "goverment has full control and dont care who gets affected by laws that would butt hurt suberbia.

Its a combo of both but we bring it all on ourselves. And the statement I said you did not agree with, why do you think we got the tax refund a few years back. We have to keep so money flowing here. With all the taxes and programs coming out of our checks they must raise wages! And we will continue to go in dept every payday.. I didnt say it the way I was thinking it but I hope you get my point

I mean really, do we have to have a meeting in DC to talk about building a fence on a interstate so the turtles wont get run over?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.