New build and minor box build help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Oh I  did not know this, I will be returning the stainless steel for some regular steel. Even got stainless for the busbars.

Rear, picked up some stainless steel bolts to do so. Here's some more pics of the build. New rcas, the Knuconceptz, they are massive. The thick black on is my 9cable speedwire for volt meters and then the bass knob and remote turn on cord. Trunk is empty. Nxt will be taking out the old nvx ofc 1/0awg and putting in the new gp ofhc 2/0awg. Then onto trunk mods to fit in new box. Amp rack is still up in the air though. 
conductive_order.jpg

Can't find the chart with the actual numbers but stainless is MUCH worse. 

Oh well that is helpful. I will get zinc then. Much higher in conductivity plus it's esy to get at hardware store.

Okay well box is done and last final coat of bedliner is drying. This is my first time using it as the s***s expensive. I didn't realize the vapors, fumes, were so strong that they'd leak into the house from the garage. Like wow. Cost was $20 just to bedliner box. Neways it is done. Anyone have any ideas of a better durable waterproof coating that'd be cheaper and just as effective? Next on the list is trunk prep I'll be doing to tonight.  Gotta cut some pieces out to make it fit, gonna bedliner the spare tire area as well as some other spots. Another $20. But should be good after that. Oh and still have to run new power wire and redo the big 4 then amp rack n what not.

20181213_152509.jpg

20181213_152501.jpg

All new wires ran and new power ran. Pieces grinded off smoothed out, trunk ready for bedliner. The wires now run behind the quarter panels in rear above the suspension and even got the blue one, which is A/C to fit.

20181214_160724.jpg

20181214_160750.jpg

20181214_160805.jpg

20181214_010023.jpg

Car all put back together and everything is done bed liner trunk and now waiting for it to cure. I tell u the vapors from this is intense. Had to get a mask.

20181215_165120.jpg

20181215_165128.jpg

Test fit subs and amp rack drying.  Will mount with 2x4 and double rubber to back of box. Lil man decided to pose for pic.

20181217_210015.jpg

20181217_124212.jpg

hispls said:
Came out pretty nice.  Are you going to seal off around the edges?
It did. Still gotta bolt it down to frame. Few minor things. I haven't decided to yet.  I doubt I  will as I won't be losing much through the tiny gaps.

L1ttlet said:
Car all put back together and everything is done bed liner trunk and now waiting for it to cure. I tell u the vapors from this is intense. Had to get a mask.

View attachment 3087

View attachment 3088
I don know.That smell may come back in the summer time when it starts getting hot outside.If so, Id prob at the least spray some lock tite down and roll some plastic on there and silicone the edges off at minimum to help seal off the smell.Be cheapest way prob.Just have wait and see.Till then/Enjoy!!l Lol

It did. Still gotta bolt it down to frame. Few minor things. I haven't decided to yet.  I doubt I  will as I won't be losing much through the tiny gaps.
To seal it off without spray foam or silicone, you can get some like foam strips and wedge around the cracks easily.. like kind you find for like window A/C units at H.Depot, so you dont have to remodel your opening, or replace anything. Ive used it before and even the Styrofoam 1/2" 4x8 sheets and duct tape for a temp seal, Either works just fine, and not expensive.It doesnt look professional, but it works

To seal it off without spray foam or silicone, you can get some like foam strips and wedge around the cracks easily.. like kind you find for like window A/C units at H.Depot, so you dont have to remodel your opening, or replace anything. Ive used it before and even the Styrofoam 1/2" 4x8 sheets and duct tape for a temp seal, Either works just fine, and not expensive.It doesnt look professional, but it works
Ah good to know. Thank u. I was thinking of expanding foam but how tacky. That rubber seal would actually look nice. But I'd probly end up just cutting a flush mount beauty plate over the entire front with an entire different color and gasket over the edge to create a perfect seal held in by magnets to be easily removed. However, that is only if it starts to stinking in the summer time. It's almost all done and wired up then I'll take some pics n show how it turned out. Definitely not how I wanted it to but f-it. Good enough. Box ended up being to tall and had to take out auto trunk opener. Or the spring loaded bars. 

Build is all done! Now I'm having one major issue. The amps are vibrating like crazy. Ugh. Fml. All done started playing music then that happened. So the amp rack is bolted to the back of the box via a 3/8 thick threaded rod about 4 inches long. Then I glued two pieces of rubber together ( old xmas matt I  recycled) they are almost half inch thick then 2 2x4s. The amp rack is screwed to the 2x4s then the amps themselves are on rubber ft. They are vibrating but the box isn't.  Plz help. Should I  replace the 2x4 with 3 5/8 mdf glued together. Would that work?

Also build pics. So the bus bar and all wires were suppose to be hidden inside the spare tire well. But ended up scratching that as it woulda been a pain in the arse. I plan on putting all this into new vehicle so made sure to cut the ofc wire a bit longer. And wires better hidden. Was gonna paint fan. Neways here are pics.

20181222_140933.jpg

20181222_141002.jpg

20181222_141002.jpg

20181222_140945.jpg

20181222_141010.jpg

20181222_140939.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.