new build...2 type argh 15s...2 hercs.

hmm port to the side? most people have good results with porting up or forward in trucks. did you find that porting to the side was better?

yup, i personally liked the ports to the side better.

i'll get meter time and find out which is louder in my truck one day, but port to the side is a lot more convienent to design imo.

as stated above, this is for two dual 4 type r 15s, with a xx herc @ 2 ohm on each. the gains will be set appropriately. hyperflex 1/0, monster rcas, yada yada yada. hopefully 2 monsters and an iraggi alt soon if all goes well.
here's the truck:

uigfuiuj232.jpg

the design:

8 cubes after ALL displacements, @ 32 hz. right at 100 sq in of port.

i picked up two sheets of MDF today, but i feel like **** right now so no work started today.

pics will start tomorrow most likely.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif im gonna have to keep up with this one. Almost done with my install of 2 15" dual 4 on 1 herc at 1 ohm. But TWO hercs, man! Im curious to see this one comes out.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif im gonna have to keep up with this one. Almost done with my install of 2 15" dual 4 on 1 herc at 1 ohm. But TWO hercs, man! Im curious to see this one comes out.
let me know how yours turns out as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

goodies...yum.

Picture007.jpg

subs ship out today. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sweet setup LiL_KB, everything looks great. What made you decide to go back to Type R's? It will be interesting to hear your review on how these 15" type R's in 8 cubes compare to your 12" type R's in 5.5 cubes.

As for box finish I'm gonna hafta recomend doing the glossy black mirror look like I do to my box's, it's hard to do and takes time, but in the long run I think it's worth putting the time into it. If you want you can buy a different color lacquer then black, maybee glossy white would be tight to match your truck, that would be very unique looking box if you did that.

Imagine this finish, but in white...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2489/wetsandgoodtq7.jpg

I'm going to make a cutout hole for my box tonight, do you think I can just tie a measured out string around the handle of my router then nail the string into the middle of the cuthole to make a perfect circle?

where did you get the jasper?
local or online?
PE

i ordered it about a week ago when they were on backorder and they just recieved the shipment the other day.

and i love your glossy finish, but in all honesty, i just don't have the patience for it...lol.

how long did the paint take you?

finally got a little time to start it and heres pics...

Picture013.jpg

all drawn out:

Picture014.jpg

mini clamps FTW!!

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

my cam went dead for a while so i made a few cuts without pics...would have done it all today but some of the cuts are going to be made on a tablesaw, so i just quit early.

here's what i have now:

Picture011.jpg

2x4s for bracing:

Picture010.jpg

spare wood anyone? baseballer i know you pwn me when it comes to this but i figured i'd post anyway.

Picture012.jpg

Sweet setup LiL_KB, everything looks great. What made you decide to go back to Type R's? It will be interesting to hear your review on how these 15" type R's in 8 cubes compare to your 12" type R's in 5.5 cubes.
forgot to respond to this...

IMO after playing with type r's, and a few high end subs, you just can't beat type rs when you are trying to stay on a budget. i LOVED the way they sounded personally, and my last setup got pretty loud considering that it was pretty conservative. it was a perfect DD.

so now i'm gonna try and squeeze some numbers out of teh 15s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.