Mid 140's with type r's??

I got a nice 12" that'll do low 40's out of a trunk with 1000W and can do it with somewhat musical tuning.

DSC01735.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

325 in person. I'll be up not far from Keene, NH for Thanksgiving, could meet around there if you're near that part of VT.

i was able to do 144 playing Late night tip, out of my neon trunk on 2 type R's....on a hifonics bxi2006d. If i were to put subs forward and port forward and sealed it off, i bet i could of gotten more.

E

i was able to do 144 playing Late night tip, out of my neon trunk on 2 type R's....on a hifonics bxi2006d. If i were to put subs forward and port forward and sealed it off, i bet i could of gotten more.
Neons explorers and cxr's are cheater cars lol

I'm willing to bet that a ported box for 2-12's around 27x27x15 w/ 2 (or 3) 4" flares would be mean in this trunk. And be pretty easy to get in and out.

Sub up, ports back, mid-30's tuning. Low 140's on 1200wrms should be reasonable w/ R's.
Any chance you could design an enclosure with those dimensions and setup like you recommend?. Im horrid with box desing....and construction lol

type r's are very capable of spl numbers, they are actually one of the better budget subs to try and get loud...

I have a saturn, which is pretty similar to a neon. I did 142.2 on music on a single Skar 12 in a daily box that played low. But that was after testing a few different box orientations in my trunk. I now run 2 Skar 12s in a 4cu box that barely fit in my trunk and Im doing around a 44 or so on music, peaking in mid 30s...its all about understanding your car...

Do 1 12 ported in a huge aero box, or even do 2 10s if you cant fit 2 12s...2 10s in an optimal box will get louder then 2 12s crammed in a box below needed volume. And Type Rs are a fine choice. SDc 2.5s are comparable, but I think the Alpines sound better

I've only read the first and last page of this... but the most logical thing to do would be selling all of those mediocre subs and get one good one you could throw some real power out. Why is that not an option?

One word, money.

Im pretty much ready to have whatever enclosure I would need and could fit that will help the most made....However, the sub or subs is not going to change until I have more money. So I need a box for either one single type r 12 or 2 12's......also im figuring 600rms for daily on each....or for one whichever. I dont want to blow the sub or subs etc...

I got a nice 12" that'll do low 40's out of a trunk with 1000W and can do it with somewhat musical tuning.
DSC01735.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

325 in person. I'll be up not far from Keene, NH for Thanksgiving, could meet around there if you're near that part of VT.

wttttffff how much does that thing weigh. that's so huge.

So just a standard ported box built to spec?...I would try to achieve this off of 2k watts rms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif not saying its gonna happen with that power...but wanting to know if it could

So just a standard ported box built to spec?...I would try to achieve this off of 2k watts rms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif not saying its gonna happen with that power...but wanting to know if it could
gonna need a 5kw to get in that 150 ballpark brah.

Also, the box in your pic is designed wrong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.