What mid range speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
What vehicle? And what amplifier?Do you have an amplifier yet? Whats the budget? are you willing to do Door Modifications? Door Pods or not?

A couple others to look at..

These are prob going be some of the loudest out there by specs. Neo speakers are loud and worth every penny if you want LOUD. PRV has made some Loud speakers that Ive heard at quite a few Audio Shows

If those ds18 aren't loud enough...you might consider more drivers because at 96db sensitivity your not gonna find a huge difference swapping out imo

Last edited:
Are you wanting more overall loudness or just more highs? If you just want more highs a set of pro audio tweeters might be all that you need.

The only way to get louder without adding more speakers is to find speakers with the same or higher than 96db sensitivity and higher power handling. PRV and Deaf Bonce are where I would start.

Are you wanting more overall loudness or just more highs? If you just want more highs a set of pro audio tweeters might be all that you need.

The only way to get louder without adding more speakers is to find speakers with the same or higher than 96db sensitivity and higher power handling. PRV and Deaf Bonce are where I would start.
I saw that ds18 made a 325 watts rms DS18 XL neo versions with a 98 DB I just want loud and good clear sound. The pro zt6 are pretty loud and clear but I feel like definitely can get better

I saw that ds18 made a 325 watts rms DS18 XL neo versions with a 98 DB I just want loud and good clear sound. The pro zt6 are pretty loud and clear but I feel like definitely can get better
The difference in 96 to 98 db is going to net you about an 22% difference in output, all things considered equal. When it comes to 325 per channel compared to 225 watts per channel, another 10% increase in volume. The ear perceives the doubling of volume at 9-10 db.

225 to 450 watts - 3 db
450 watts to 900, another 3db
900 watts to 1800 watts, another 3db
This is the point that the ear would perceive a doubling of volume - just want to set expectations.

If you want an increase of 4 to 4.5 db, you'll need to go with those 98 db speakers and double the output of that 225 watt per channel amplifier or to 450 watts a channel to achieve a mere 50% increase in total volume (which is still substantial) - that gets REAL expensive as only high end drivers and something like the SPF 1000.4D at two ohms will deliver in full range multi-channel amplification.

I would recommend an amp like that and doubling the number of the speakers you have now and run the Sundown SPF 1000.4D (and yes I'm selling one, BNIB, but actually one of the few that will deliver what you need) in 4 channel 2 ohm mode. Gets you to 500+ watts x 4 and doubling the driver count will get you to about a 6 db increase in volume or about 66% louder than what you have currently. High wattage and multiple drivers is the way to go to reach your objective.

If not double the driver count, then high power w/high efficiency, more expensive pro/pa drivers will suffice.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...